Thread: I sent my application and my wife is pregnant (Twins)

Default I sent my application and my wife is pregnant (Twins)

Hi all,
    I applied for residence visa (SMC) two days ago. They received my application at London Branch.

I have two questions:

1. They deducted the 1200 GBP from my credit card and sent me an email telling that you have some changes on your online application page.
    When I checked, I found the status of my application which is (pending) and the full medical examination ( received). Does that mean that they did not find any mistake in my application and no missing papers in it????? and what I will wait for is the CO allocation??????

2. My wife is pregnant in twins. I sent with my application a letter from her doctor telling that she is pregnant in her fifth month , and she has twins.
    If we get the residence visa, what is the situation of my two kids who will be delivered at that time.????

Thank you,
    Regards,
    Louay

I wish there wasn't this huge bold type - it's making my eyes jump!

Anyway...

1. No. 'Pending' just means that the case is waiting. 'Received' just means that the medical is there with it. Nobody looks at any of the detail of your case until it is its turn to be checked over by the CO it is assigned to.

Everything at INZ works by managed queues. When your ITA was received, it would have joined the end of the queue of other ITAs, according to the date order. Each Case Officer has a certain workload - a number of cases that are theirs to deal with. The newly arrived ITAs have to wait till one of the COs has finished with some of their cases, and can take on some more. When an ITA is eventually assigned to a CO, it will again join the back of THAT queue for the CO's attention, as s/he takes the top file, does what s/he can actively do, puts that file to the back, works everything s/he can on that case, goes to the next, and so on.

2. Exactly what your twins' status will be will depend on what stage your case is at when they are born. If they arrive before the processing is finished, once you have their birth certificates you will be able to add them onto your application, and, as long as you get residence, so will they. If you have already got residence by the time they are born, but have not yet travelled to NZ, you will be able to take them with you as visitors, then apply for residence for them as your dependent children once you arrive in NZ. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ibringmychild/ If you have got your residence and the twins are born in NZ, they will be NZ citizens. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...omingacitizen/ (Where that says 'permanent residency' it is just that the wording has not been changed - it applies to parents with a Residence visa.)

Hiiiii:
    Hehehehehehehe,sorry for the bold type.

Thanks for the reply. I am really thankful.
    Louay