Thread: Referral - Waiting Time

Default Referral - Waiting Time

Hi,
    I was referred by my GP to "Auckland Orthopedics". A few days afterwards I received a confirmation email that I was eligible for free Public Healthcare. The email came from an Eligibility Administrator at Greenlane Clinical Centre, so I assume that I was referred to this clinic. Does anybody know the waiting time for a non-urgent condition? The problem is that my condition is listed as Pre-Exisiting condition in my Southern Cross plan.

Thanks!

Difficult to say really as it depends on your type of condition and how busy the Orthopedic dept are. I was referred to the eye clinic there for non urgent laser surgery on my eye and I was seen and treated in 2 months which I thought was very good but have never been to the orthopedic dept

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDan View Post
    Hi,
    I was referred by my GP to "Auckland Orthopedics". A few days afterwards I received a confirmation email that I was eligible for free Public Healthcare. The email came from an Eligibility Administrator at Greenlane Clinical Centre, so I assume that I was referred to this clinic. Does anybody know the waiting time for a non-urgent condition? The problem is that my condition is listed as Pre-Exisiting condition in my Southern Cross plan.

Thanks!
    How long is a piece of string? That's to say, there is no answer... Depends on the condition, the load, the waitlist, etc... 2-6 months for non-urgent conditions seems to be pretty normal talking to family and friends over here, that said could be sooner, could be longer. If you are in a rush, you could always go private and pay for it yourself?!