Thread: How many Work Experience gets verified

Default How many Work Experience gets verified

Hi

Does all the work experience a person has gets verified or its the last "x" organization exp. gets verified?

Ex. - I have been working since late 90's and have worked in 5 organizations, does all the 5 organization work ex. get verified or say the last 2 including the current one, have any clue?

I have not been able to get hold of my colleague during early days (second org. - I worked there for 4 months only) and not able to provide the details for verification ?

Thanks

They will look to verify the years you have claimed on your ITA in the skilled employment you have specified.

As far as I can ascertain this does not have to be continuous.

There is therefore no one answer to this.

For example, say you claimed 10 years work experience in profession A

You started working for company X in 2000, left in 2006 for company Y, and then went to work for company Z in 2009 where you still are now. INZ will want work experience evidence for all three companies. They will not be too interested in what you did before 2000.

or,

you worked in profession A for a total of 10 years (1996 to 2001 and 2006 to 2011), but in between you did unrelated profession B for 5 years. In that case INZ would look for experience going back to 1996 years for profession A, but wouldn't be too interested in the period 2001 to 2006.

For those who have changes jobs frequently, this is obviously going to be hard work. At the end, if you explain what reasonable steps you have taken to get the evidence I am sure the case officers are experienced to know that this sometimes happens. If it were a 4 month stint unverified out of 10 years of other evidence, I would like to think they have some limited discretion. But if it were 4 months out of 2 years, that would be a different matter.

In your case, it looks like you have significantly more that 10 years (the most you can claim points for), so the four month gap in itself shouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by RedVee; 26th January 2013 at 09:03 PM.

RedVee, thanks, that's a very interesting reply and I'm sure it'll help lots of us.

I'd not really realised they make a distinction between professions.
    That's tough fo me as each of my different roles has kind of fed naturely into the next (ie working in industry, then teaching this expertise at uni, then teaching other subjects in the private industry, amongst other things). I'll have to look very carefully how I present my work evidence.
    Hmmm, I know what I'm doing tomorrow!
    Luckily Mr wellywearer has stuck largely to the same profession, I think he'd better be the principle applicant, even though I get more points on age

The important thing is when you have been actually using in your work the specific skill you've claimed on your application. The work experience evidence letters can help, by specifying what your duties and responsibilites are/were, since different job titles don't always make this obvious.