Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Parent and Grandparent Multiple Entry Visitor Visa

Default Regarding Parent and Grandparent Multiple Entry Visitor Visa

Please help!
    I helped my Mum to apply Parent and Grandparent Multiple Entry Visitor Visa, she sent her application to NZ immigration branch in Singapore on 21 Dec then got email to ask for X-Ray medical and she sent after that. I bought the air ticket for her to come to NZ on 9 Feb but until now she hasn't got her visa approval. My aunty sent email to Singapore - NZ immigration officer, he said will take about 4 - 6 weeks, he hasn't got any information so far.
    The plan is my aunty who got NZ residence take my mum from Malaysia to NZ but my aunty only can stay in Malaysia for three months and she has to come back by that date. If we leave my mum to wait for the visa then my aunty go back to Malaysia again maybe in July, and bring my mum to NZ in Sept, is that alright to do that if my mum got the visa approved in Mid / end of Feb and wait until Sept to NZ.

Looking forward your advise and much appreciated.

cheers
    Karen

I'm not sure what advice you are looking for... If her visa isn't processed, it isn't processed.

Based on this visa, she will get 18 months visa to enter to New Zealand in 36 months, max to stay for 6 months. If my mum got the visa approved in mid / end of Feb, can she wait until Sept to enter New Zealand? Is that count from the day she enter to NZ or the date she got approval? Thank you.

The visa is valid for three years from the date of issue. http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1235

So your mother can wait to enter NZ in September. She will be entitled to stay a total of 18 months in NZ, during the three years that begin whenever the visa is issued.

Thank you so much for JandM reply!! I was so worry that she has to enter to NZ once she got the visa. Now I understand that once she has this three year visa, she can enter to NZ whenever she like and stay a total of 18 month in NZ.

Hi,

I ma just wondering whether the sponsor of parents multiple entry 3 year visa need to be present in NZ during application process. I have just secured residency visa and still offshore so trying to know if I can sponsor my mother for this visa before I make a move to NZ.

I can see the req is that I need to be present in NZ during the dates when she is travelling which I think I can manage.

Please advise

You must be a resident for 3 years before you can sponsor a parent.

I think you are talking about Residency visa for parents sponsored by NZ residents.

My question is for 3 years special visitor visa sponsored by NZ residents for their parents.

Yes, sorry. You have to be resident to sponsor, which you won't be until you enter the country and activate the visa.

I agree with G-Mo. Until you have presented your passport to Immigration at the airport upon arrival, your residence has not been activated, which is what makes you 'a resident'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast