Thread: Any Rejections after the Interview ?

Default Any Rejections after the Interview ?

Will there be any Rejections after the Interview ?

Yes, there can be.

Here is the INZ operational manual giving the details stating what the CO is checking for, and the decisions s/he can make. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm

If the applicant is well-prepared and the CO thinks they will be able to fit into NZ society and find employment readily, they will be granted Residence.

If the applicant shows that they are prepared in some ways, but not so good in others, they will be offered the Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Visa (SMC JSV), which gives the right for the principle applicant to travel to NZ and spend nine months - if they get themself a skilled job in that time, then they get the Residence (for themself and any other family members on the application) they applied for.

If the applicant's answers at interview show that they do not know many aspects of what the CO is checking for, they will be refused.

In addition to JandM reply, see attached Numerical figures (snap shot from latest INZ residence programme factsheet). Might be helpful to sense approved/declined applications.FactSheet.jpg

Some of those rejections, though, will have been because the applicant's qualifications or work experience wasn't satisfactory - people mostly only get as far as being interviewed if everything else has checked out.

Thanks Khaled for posting the statistics. From the table we can see decline rate of residence application is 18.74% of the applications decided for business/skilled category.

As J&M pointed out, its overall decline rate and not necessarily arising out of interview alone.

Further 18.74% is not consistent for each branch. Reading from forums, I gather people have an opinion (rightly or wrongly) that decline rate from Beijing branch could be twice or thrice in comparison to London branch. I couldn't lay my hands of branch wise statistics to draw any conclusion.

My processing branch is Beijing, and I have not seen any JSV also being reported in last 6 months from that branch. Send some links for encouragement