Thread: Drivers Licence question on job application

Default Drivers Licence question on job application

Hi,

I am applying for a job in Auckland from the UK. We have permanent residence and will be arriving in NZ in 3 weeks.

The job application (all online) asks this specific question:
    Do you hold a current valid full licence for driving in New Zealand?

I'm not sure what to answer. I hold a full UK Licence, which I can use to get a full NZ licence. Does my UK licence count as a current full licence for driving in NZ? I don't have the NZ one yet, but will be applying for it within days of my arrival. Do I, or don't I?

Thanks.

Simple answer is YES you do, your full UK licence is valid for 12 months in NZ, to change it to NZ one is very simple, fill out a form and do an eye test, pay some money and they will post you your NZ licence.

YAY! Thanks for the speedy reply! I've clicked submit on my application. The waiting begins. Luckily I have a plethora of packing to keep me distracted in the mean time!

Good luck with your move, I remember those last few weeks, so much to do, and it seemed like no time to do them in. But it all got sorted in the end. Cheers.
    Rob

Packers arrive on Monday. I've been told to expect them at 7am! Eeeek! Thanks Rob!

The best thing to do is make sure that you put all the stuff you don't want packed into a spare room and lock the door so the packers can't get in.
    I've never people work so fast as the ones who packed our stuff up. They were like a whirlwind. Sit back and watch them go....

Using your UK licence to get a NZ one is easy as anyways: rock up to an AA office with proof of address and your UK licence (and some money, of course), and they'll set you up with a temporary one. The proper one comes in the post within a fortnight.

Nice and quick!

Wow - i had the exact same questions! Hope we're not applying for the same job!!

Auckland Council and storm water engineering?