Thread: EOI - Is it mandatory NZQA assessment?

Default EOI - Is it mandatory NZQA assessment?

Hi experts,

I am on work visa - essential skills. My job comes under long term skills shortage list.

I would like to apply for PR, as per the process I have to apply EOI first. As per my qualifications and experience I am getting 170 points. But I am confused that my degree is not in the exception list. It was there in the list of immigration till 2011 . Don't know the reason why its not there in the 2012(latest) list. My degree was from well known Sri Venkateswara University India. It is one of the big University in India. My confusion is do I need to apply NZQA assessment before applying for EOI? Have they not assessed while giving essential skills work visa?

Has any one experienced similar situation? Please share your thoughts or suggestions..
    Last edited by binaga; 31st January 2013 at 08:48 PM.

If you are planning to apply for skilled migrant visa (resident visa) then you ought to do NZQA assessment since your degree doesn't fall under exception list of NZQA.
    Please don't go for PAR its a waste of time and money. Do IQA assessment. Thanks.

Thanks zednic for your reply. I am already in New Zealand and working here. I am bit confused again with your answer. Am I eligible for EOI or not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by binaga View Post
    Thanks zednic for your reply. I am already in New Zealand and working here. I am bit confused again with your answer. Am I eligible for EOI or not?

Thanks
    Looking at your question - Anyone who have experience and qualification and have minimum points needed, qualifies for EOI. Coming back to IQA - all applicants have to get the IQA done if qualification is not on the recent excempted list.
    This is the what the above poster has suggested, also I agree of not going for PAR since its waste of money and time - go for IQA before you apply for EOI.

Thanks Hemanshu for your suggestion. That answers my query