Thread: Visa confusion

Default Visa confusion

Hi, I've just got a couple of questions if anyone can help that would be great. My partner's visa is a working one, mine a partners and my 2 children one ( of school age ) is a student and one ( pre school ) is a visitors. If I want to eventually work part time or go to college ( as I am currently studying but plan to take time out to look after children) am I not able to? Would I have to apply for another visa and should I do this now before we arrive? Also my almost 4 year old daughter, will she need a new visa for stating school? Sorry, this is all very confusing

Your visa is probably a partner-sponsored temporary work visa. Have a look. If it's not, and you've accidentally got a partner-sponsored visitor's one instead, you'd be entitled to the other kind if you apply. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm

These days, INZ are saying that children under 5 have a visitor's visa, and 5 and over have a student visa. Your daughter will be able to go to kindy or other pre-school provision on the visitor's visa, but will need a student one for starting school at 5 (NZ children normally start ON their fifth birthday).

My visa is a partners visitors visa :-( this is what the immigration office told me I needed. Can I change it easily or do I have to go through the whole process? Thanks:-)))

As far as I know, you'll have to start from the beginning - but you may be able to short-circuit things by contacting the same CO and asking if the same proofs they've already seen can be used to relate to this other visa.