Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Container from the UK

Default Container from the UK

A long shot I know but is anyone bringing a container from the UK to NZ in the next month or two?

Myles, is there a specific purpose to your question? I guess you are looking for someone to bring something. I might be able to help if its 1) not too big and 2) not dodgy

Thanks for the reply - it's not dodgy. I am restoring an old Bedford truck and there is a panel on Ebay (UK) that I would like to get. It is a bit of sheet metalwork approx 2000x600x150 mm outside dimensions. Not heavy or really bulky (pretty much a flat panel) but quite flimsy.

I need to ship a few items in July. Don't know if that helps.

Problem sorted but thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie_h1 View Post
    I need to ship a few items in July. Don't know if that helps.
    Hello, I have a need if you still have the offer? I have a bicycle frame (just the frame) to transport from the UK to NZ? Look forward to hearing from you or anyone else who can help. Cheers

Ellie
    We're moving stuff in July too - looking at getting a container, but still assessing options... might get a small one and share a second or get a big one and have space free. what are you looking at doing?

Quote Originally Posted by UKNZ View Post
    Ellie
    We're moving stuff in July too - looking at getting a container, but still assessing options... might get a small one and share a second or get a big one and have space free. what are you looking at doing?
    If you have space free in a 40 ft container you might want to consider putting your car in it. That's what we did and we were very pleased with that decision. Our shipping was paid for out of our relocation expenses but even if we had paid it ourselves I think it would have still been cost-effective. What I would also suggest - and this sounds very obvious - is that you evaluate every single object you are shipping and think do I really want/need to ship this to the other side of the world? I've got rid of lots of stuff since I have been here.

Quote Originally Posted by UKNZ View Post
    Ellie
    Thanks form coming back to me. I have an option to fly with the frame later in the year (I'm coming back to see my parents in October), but I'm doing a little bit of travel on the way home (with kids) and the thought of lugging the frame with me, doesn't really inspire me to go down this route.

Therefore I had heard of contacting people (like yourself) who may have room in a container that could help me out.

The frame would take up very little room (less than a metre in length and about 60cm tall) and of course I'd be happy to discuss further if you can help me out.

Not sure if it helps, but I currently live in Wellington, NZ and am happy to provide advice about this side of the world if needed.

Cheers

If I was you Id just take the frame with you - its a piece of cake, Ive taken frames and bikes all over the world - and probably less hassle than trying to co-ordinate with us at both ends and waiting 3 months for it. If its a full-suss it'll break in half (or more) and fit in a suitcase, Ive done it.

Simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast