Thread: Hi, what does the reply from case officer mean?

Lightbulb Hi, what does the reply from case officer mean?

Hi there , I have received an email from immigration officer said "
    we have sought some advice from our experts regarding to the National Security Checks which is done by a third party."

What does that mean?

Thanks a lot.

Some cases get an extra investigation into the person's background, called the National Security Check. This is not carried out by INZ, but by a different department (that's the third party - not you, not INZ, but the other people). It's usually people who come from, or who have lived in, a country with a repressive regime, or recent civil war, or the like, who get this extra verification.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Some cases get an extra investigation into the person's background, called the National Security Check. This is not carried out by INZ, but by a different department (that's the third party - not you, not INZ, but the other people). It's usually people who come from, or who have lived in, a country with a repressive regime, or recent civil war, or the like, who get this extra verification.
    Thank you very much!
    I asked them if the NSC is done or not, and they replied me that.
    Does the sentence indicate the NSC is done or something?

Thank you again.

All it says is that they have asked about the NSC. It doesn't indicate that they've had any reply, or, if so, what it was. Was there no extra sentence after that?

Lightbulb

Thank you , this is the only sentence they replied, nothing else there.

I was asking "could you please help me to check the status of my application and if the NSC is done?"
    and they replied: "We have not finalise your application , still processing. we have sought some advice from our experts regarding to the National Security Checks which is done by a third party."

Does they say
    a) the NSC is done(by a 3rd party), and they have sought advice from their experts(immigration officers, not who did NSC).
    b) they have sought information from experts(the 3rd party, not immigration officers) and have no information as yet.

Thank you for your time .

I read it as meaning (a). And they don't say whether they've had a reply or not, but I guess, if they had done, they would have said so.