Thread: Anyone successful in upgrading their from Lvl 5 in Par to Lvl 7 in IQA

Default Anyone successful in upgrading their from Lvl 5 in Par to Lvl 7 in IQA

Good day Everyone

I would like ask anyone has been successful in having their PAR level upgraded to Level 7 when they applied for IQA. I just want to hear from people so I can gauge my application options.

anyone? any help would be appreciated

PAR is only ever done by a look over the names of qualifications - what they're called by the awarding institution in the other country - so it's not necessarily exact, since terminology doesn't always have the same meanings in the other culture and in NZ. IQA is done by an in-depth look at what was studied, for how long, to what depth, and then comparing that proof with what is done in courses within in NZ, to find one NZ qualification (if possible) that they can say it is nearly equivalent to.

On the threads, we have seen where people's Level has gone up, OR down, between PAR and IQA, since PAR only depends on what words happen to be in the name of the qualification.

I agree with JandM - my PAR was at Level 6, when I did my IQA - the result was LEVEL 7 and will be many people who's IQA level have changed