Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a Job Offer from New Zealand

Default Got a Job Offer from New Zealand

Hi,

I got a job offer from one of the new zealand software company and my job is based out of Acuckland. I already applied for a SMC PR visa without job and the case officer completed my previous and current work experience verification.

If i send the job offer to CO today, how much time (approximate time) will it take to get the visa? I have the joining date in the mid of march 2013.

Any info on this appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by Janardhan_cse; 5th February 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Hi Janardhan

I believe your interview has been scheduled but yet to be done. (or yet to get interview call).
    If you fall under anyone of those cases, once you have a job offer and you notify your CO then your case will be expedited and you don't have to attend an interview also they will directly approve your residency then you have to pay your migrant levy.

Is your employer ready to process a visa for you or he is ok to wait until your residency gets approved?

Congratulations!

Nobody here can tell you exactly how long completing on Residence will take. As the previous poster says, notifying the CO of your job offer will put you to the front of the queue. You need to ask the CO whether he thinks it likely your Residence can be processed in time for the employer's preferred start-date, or whether he thinks that you will need to apply for a work visa to get you there quickly (and let the Residence take the necessary time in the background while you've already started working).

Hi Janardhan,

Hearty Congratulations!

As JandM said, Skilled Job Offer do get priority. This is told to me by my CO sometime back. Unfortunately, she did not mention any timelines in that mail.

Regards,
    Raju.

Hearty Congratulations Janardan_cse. From your signature, i noticed that you were assigned a CO within a week of submitting the ITA and that too without a job offer? That's lightning fast. I have sent you a PM

Congrats Janardhan..Way to go..

Congrats..!!

Hi Every One,

Thanks for your wishes. Any way i have around 40days time for joining the job. So will wait for another 20 days for the PR visa after sending job offer to CO. If there is significant delay in processing then i will apply for a work visa which we will get immediately.

I notified my CO regarding this and she asked me to forward the job offer email.

Hi Janardhan,

Is your background verification is complete? Any update from your CO?
    How many days it took for background verification?

My CO said that they are proceeding with the background verification. I did not understand whether they started it? or they are in the middle of it?

Regards,
    Raju.

My CO said that they are proceeding with the background verification. I did not understand whether they started it? or they are in the middle of it?
    There's no way to tell from this wording, nor how long it will take in total. And you can't tell from what happened to someone else's case, either. INZ contact every employer and every educational establishment, to ask them to verify the evidence you have given, and they have to wait until each one replies. As you can see, the amount of evidence can be different for every case, and how quickly (or not) each person replies can also vary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast