Thread: Writing a Will

Default Writing a Will

Morning All

Does anybody here have experience of writing a will which would refer back to people in the UK? I’m trying to make sure the legal guardian of our children would be family back in the UK. Any tips or experience would be much appreciated.

James

We're thinking about this too. We were told by a solicitor that we ought to appoint temporary guardians here in NZ to cover time for UK guardians to get here. There didn't seem to be any problem appointing a UK person to be the permanent legal guardian though.

We just did it through the solicitor without any issues and it was free.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JJG View Post
    We just did it through the solicitor without any issues and it was free.
    Cheers
    So we are doing the same thing, did you appoint someone over here to look after kids till Guardian from UK arrives and whom do you appoint to handle estate, house etc if those family are in UK? Not trying to get personal, my OH and I are a bit confused as to whom we appoint to do what?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    So we are doing the same thing, did you appoint someone over here to look after kids till Guardian from UK arrives and whom do you appoint to handle estate, house etc if those family are in UK? Not trying to get personal, my OH and I are a bit confused as to whom we appoint to do what?

Thanks.
    I know I should really remember all this but I don't believe we appointed anyone over here to look after the kids and we appointed the solicitor to handle the estate.