Thread: Work Visa (Accredited Employer) applied at Dubai Branch

Default Work Visa (Accredited Employer) applied at Dubai Branch

Hi,
    I have applied for Work Visa (Accredited Employer) at Dubai NZ branch. CO got assigned on Jan 28th. My company HR advised me that the visa should be granted within 10 days which has passed already.
    I contacted the officer lately and he told me that he is awaiting the outcome of their standard onshore checks.
    1- Can anyone tell me what he meant by standard onshore checks?
    2- How long does this visa category usually take?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by omarslb View Post
    Hi,
    I have applied for Work Visa (Accredited Employer) at Dubai NZ branch. CO got assigned on Jan 28th. My company HR advised me that the visa should be granted within 10 days which has passed already.
    I contacted the officer lately and he told me that he is awaiting the outcome of their standard onshore checks.
    1- Can anyone tell me what he meant by standard onshore checks?
    2- How long does this visa category usually take?

Regards
    1. onshore means NZ based, so assume that this will be employer checks.
    2. According to their processing times for work visas it says they aim for 90% within 25 days.

Ian

Thanks Ian.
    I hope to hear the good news this week sometime.
    I have another question if you or anyone can advise please:
    1- As I have already applied for work visa @ Dubai branch, I was thinking to apply for SMC in parallel. Do you think I should apply right now or after reaching NZ? Which would be quicker?
    The reason I am thinking to apply now is because my police clearances will be valid otherwise they would expire, passing 6 months period.
    I think if I apply right now I would be submitting to London branch and once I reach NZ it would be transferred to NZ onshore branch? How would it work?
    Regards

I don't think anyone can say for sure which would be quicker - too many variables. What is certain is that your Residence won't be given a high priority once your work visa is in place, since the attitude seems to be, 'Well, this person is in NZ legally working, so what's the rush?' But the sooner you get the application in, the sooner they can start, and you're quite right that it is good to have them re-use the evidence you have already submitted.

Once you are able to tell INZ you have moved, your file will be passed over to whichever is the local branch. This has happened for many forum members - you don't have any difficult procedure to go through.

Guys,
    Got our visas today ............... Very happy

Can you please share your actions to get JO from employer and what's ur profession.

I am in process of submitting my ITA soon, so i am looking to get JO from NZ. I am Telecommunication professional, currently working in Riyadh, KSA.

Thanks

Nazir