Thread: Work visa VS PR

Default Work visa VS PR

Hi,

Good Morning everyone..

Can any of forum members clarify my query mentioned below?

I have applied for a SMC PR Visa without job and the case officer currently verifying the proofs. But now I got a job offer from New Zealand which I sent it to Case officer already.
    My job joining date is 10th March 2013 so 1 month time I have to land in NZ.

Yester day I mailed to CO asking how much time will it take to get the PR as I forwarded the job and I asked her whether I need to apply for a separate work visa as the time is just 1 month?

CO replied me saying that they are currently verifying the documents and she can’t sure about getting PR in a month. She recommended to apply for a work visa to go to NZ before 10th march 2013. So my questions are

1. We are a family of 3 including 1 year old daughter. So do we need to file separate applications for all 3 or just 1 application for all the 3 people?
    2. With work visa apart from me, will my wife and kid also get the visas?
    3. Already I submitted medicals, POC et…while applying for SMC PR. So do I need to take those tests again will they coordinate with SMC PR team for these documents?
    4. Typically how much time it will take for getting work visa?

Any help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Janardhan_cse View Post
    1. We are a family of 3 including 1 year old daughter. So do we need to file separate applications for all 3 or just 1 application for all the 3 people?
    2. With work visa apart from me, will my wife and kid also get the visas?
    3. Already I submitted medicals, POC et…while applying for SMC PR. So do I need to take those tests again will they coordinate with SMC PR team for these documents?
    !
    1. You need to file three separate applications. Work visa for yourself, partnership visa for partner and visitor visa for daughter.
    2. Assuming that you can prove partnership / daughter then yes you will all get visas?
    3. No you won't need to submit new medicals or police checks - unless your situation e.g. health has changed since last application.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I assume it will be delayed if we apply visas under depedent category. Instead i apply work visa only for my self and my family will get PR atleast after 2 months as my PR application is processing simultaneously with job offer.

But the ITA documents i submitted to Beijing, China branch and work visa we have to apply to NewDelhi, INDIA. How they get the medicals, PCC documents from them? Do we need to initiate anything from our side?

Can you please tell me steps to apply for work visa only for my self? I mean any form names etc..

Thanks for the help...