Thread: New Zealand Age band Points

Default New Zealand Age band Points

Hi,

Please can you explain a bit about the points with reference to the age band . As per INZ website following table is mention:
    Age- 20 -29 years (30pts) , 30-- 39 years (25 pts) , 40-44 yrs (20 pts) , 45-49 yrs (10pts) , 50-55 yrs (5 pts)

What about the range from 39.1 (39yrs and 1 month) to 39.11 (39 yrs and 11 months) , if some one fall in this range of age after EOI selection but before submittion of ITA then how much age points he/She will obtain 25 or 20 once he will submitt his/her ITA.

Thank you in advance.

You still get 25 points until getting your 40 years birthday. INZ will remind you if your age becomes on edge so that you have to submit your application before your 40 years birthday. this was my case as well.
    Last edited by khaled; 10th February 2013 at 06:00 AM.

The points only count for selection of your EOI. Once it has been selected, they don't have any further part to play in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The points only count for selection of your EOI. Once it has been selected, they don't have any further part to play in the process.
    Sorry JandM, at least age points are still countable till Application submission, I have read in previous posts and also in my case the ITA have specific paragraph for those people whom will be on the edge of their age. usually we should have 4 months to submit our application after receiving ITA. But in these cases we have to submit our application before our birthday otherwise will ITA will be no more valid.

Oh, I see... if you cross an age boundary upon reaching your birthday before submitting, they would say you DIDN'T have those 5 points after all, which could mean you were deselected if you'd only reached the target total with their help. Thanks for that.

From previous post what I read and understood from some of the cases is that,
    There age was 29 while submitting EOI and later after Submission of ITA when they got CO assigned, that time there age becomes 30 so CO will reduced points (5 points) but their application will be accepted only thing points will change. example:-(If earlier point was 130 (age 29) and later point reduced to 125 (age 30))
    Let me know if I am correct or wrong in my understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by zednic20 View Post
    From previous post what I read and understood from some of the cases is that,
    There age was 29 while submitting EOI and later after Submission of ITA when they got CO assigned, that time there age becomes 30 so CO will reduced points (5 points) but their application will be accepted only thing points will change. example:-(If earlier point was 130 (age 29) and later point reduced to 125 (age 30))
    Let me know if I am correct or wrong in my understanding?
    The age of the applicant is finally assessed at the date the ITA is submitted...

If your EOI is selected, verified and you are then invited to apply for residence, your age is finally assessed on the date you are submitting your residence application (Invitation to Apply - ITA).
    Ian

Thanks a lot Ian