Thread: Invitation to apply for a Skilled Migrant Category Job Search visa

Default Invitation to apply for a Skilled Migrant Category Job Search visa

Hello,

I have recieved Invitation to apply for a Skilled Migrant Category Job Search visa. For that I need some advice.

1. "Your accompanying family members may also apply for temporary visas using this form." - Can anybody kindly explain this. (Like what is a temporary visa especially considering JSV?). Plus the form (pdf format) which I recieved doesnot have any field where I should mention my family detail or the option where I could give my consent to add my family members.
    2. "When you obtain an offer of ongoing skilled .........You do not need to wait for the end of your deferral period before having your residence application further assessed. " - Is it me or everybodygets this option who have been invited for JSV.
    3. How long does the Dubai or Bankok branch take to get JSV stamped on your PP.

Thank you.

Hi can you share your timeline for more understanding? Your total points/branch/years of professional exp?/age/partnership points acquired or not? (in case of married)
    because usually if your case is strong and you have provided or mentioned all the documents required in assessment of EOI, then you should get ITA for Residency instead of JSV.
    Since JSV gives you only 9 months after arrival in NZ to search a job, secure a job and later apply for residence visa. Your JSV has 9 months of validity and due to this your family members will get temp visa its a standard procedure of INZ.
    I am not aware of Dubai and Bangkok branch but people who know will surely give you inputs.

2. "When you obtain an offer of ongoing skilled .........You do not need to wait for the end of your deferral period before having your residence application further assessed. " - Is it me or everybodygets this option who have been invited for JSV.
    This is normal. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30614.htm

1. "Your accompanying family members may also apply for temporary visas using this form." - Can anybody kindly explain this. (Like what is a temporary visa especially considering JSV?). Plus the form (pdf format) which I recieved doesnot have any field where I should mention my family detail or the option where I could give my consent to add my family members.
    What is the name/reference number of this form? This sentence does not make sense to me, in the light of the following from the INZ operational manual (my bolding). The SMC JSV, under the most recent instructions, is a nine-month visa for the principle applicant ONLY. It is expected that this person will travel alone, and concentrate their time and resources on trying to find a skilled job: if they do so, their original application for Residence, including family members if any, will come into force.

WF3.1 Who is eligible for a special work visa

Partners (see E4.1.20) of people granted work visas (including visas granted under Long Term Business Visas Category instructions) allowing a stay in New Zealand of more than six months may apply for and be granted a multiple entry work visa under these instructions, unless their partner has been granted a work visa under any one of the following instructions: Foreign crew of fishing vessels (see WJ); or
    a Working Holiday Scheme (see WI2); or
    Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) Work Instructions (see WH1); or
    Supplementary Seasonal Employer (SSE) Instructions (see WH3); or
    Silver Fern Job Search Instructions (see WL2); or
    Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Instructions (see WR5);
    domestic staff of diplomatic, consular, or official staff (see WI4).
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45667.htm

usually if your case is strong and you have provided or mentioned all the documents required in assessment of EOI, then you should get ITA for Residency instead of JSV.
    This is stating things too strongly - the final decision on this issue is dependent upon the CO's decision following interview. The OP cannot argue the point at this stage. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm

Yup agreed JandM, but in his case if I am not mistaken he has to give CO interview, and before that he got SMC Visa JSV invite. That why asked for his timeline to get a clear picture.

Have I missed some post from rashidhussain? This looks to me like his first since January, 2012. There could have been all kinds of action on his case since then.

Thanks JandM,

How can you miss any post???? No you didnot infact I has been a slient listner for the last 1 year due to reasons obvious in my timeline.

Your efforts are commendable.

But my above mentioned questions remain unanswered. So let me state them one by one with more explanation

First you asked me about name and reference number - Unfortunately there is no reference number. The name of the customozed PDF file (where some of my details are mentioned) and the name of which was also mentioned by CO in her email was "application form for the Job Search Visa "

Here's one of my question is:
    When I get JSV stamped on my PP, will my resident application be deffered. Yes or No?
    And then If I get any offerm my PR will be approved or this offer of not waiting for 12 monthes defferal period is only valid till I get JSV stamped on my PP?

More questions coming up.

Thanks
    EOI 135 points w/o Job offer
    Sel: 04 May 2011
    NZQA Report Rec:
    ITA Lodge: 19 Sep 2011
    VO Assigned: Dec 2011
    VO Changed: Aug 2012
    VO asked for further additional Documents
    Additional Security Clearance recieved by CO: Dec 2012
    Interview Invitation: Dec 2012
    Interview: 22 Jan 2013
    JSV: 08 Feb 2013
    (Alot of time consumed due to Self and Spouse Medical results (High Cholestrol - about which we both were unaware and our NZ assigned doctor didnt tell us and the reports were in sealed envelope) + My spouse was expecting at the time of our ITA submission.

First you asked me about name and reference number - Unfortunately there is no reference number. The name of the customozed PDF file (where some of my details are mentioned) and the name of which was also mentioned by CO in her email was "application form for the Job Search Visa "
    Then I think you need to ask the CO what she meant, because, as I mentioned above, these days INZ do not give someone with the SMC JSV the right to sponsor in partner and/or children. Normally, the only way the rest of the family could get to go to NZ while the JSV person was there would be if the partner can qualify for a work visa in their own right, or could get a visitor's visa (and the latter is very unlikely, given that INZ would see that the partner is there on a JSV).

'Deferred Residence' is just another name for the SMC JSV situation. The Residence application is kept on file (that's what they mean by 'deferred' - it's waiting for you, but put off till you qualify for it), and will be triggered when you contact INZ with proof that you have a skilled job in NZ, in the skill proved in your application. The SMC Job Search Visa is your permission to travel to NZ and to take any job you are offered (but only one in your proven skill will count to get your your Residence).

And then If I get any offerm my PR will be approved or this offer of not waiting for 12 monthes defferal period is only valid till I get JSV stamped on my PP?
    The first visa under SMC is not called 'PR' any more, since November, 2010 - it's now just 'Residence'. But you will get Residence as soon as you tell INZ about having a skilled job. It is all part of the SMC JSV process. This sentence is just to say, you don't have to wait till the end of the 12 months' possible deferral (that is, 3 months to travel to NZ and 9 months in NZ). If you get a skilled job and start working two weeks after you land, you could claim your Residence straight away.

Hi JandM,

My CO confirmed that it was a mistake. And the sentence should not have been there.

That measn I'll be going all alone (without my children)

I have started searching and applying for different jobs and hope for a positive result before I leave.
    My field is Software Developmetn/Software Project Management (with Level - 9 qualification).
    Dual field experience - I am Boeing 737 flight crew Gorund Instructor with more than 5 years of aviation domain knowledge and around 10 years of ICT field experience.
    Any helpful suggestion in finding a job would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for managing such a great and informative forum.

I'm glad to see that the confusion has been sorted out for you - at least the CO was helpful in explaining the mistake without delay.

I suggest you start a new thread, in this forum here http://www.enz.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35, titled with the sort of job you need to find. That will attract people's attention more than asking the question on the end of this conversation. Good luck.