Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NZ to OZ immigration

Default NZ to OZ immigration

I just got my permanent residence in New Zealand some time ago. I have heard that after spending a certain time in New Zealand (I think it is 5 years), one can migrate permanently to Australia. Is this true? Also are there other factors affecting immigration to Oz like age, skills and other things or can one migrate regardless of all these?

I would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks so much

You can work in Oz if you are a NZ citizen.

Yup agreed. As per Trans Tasman agreement NZ citizen can live and work in Australia for unrestricted period.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/trav...ew-zealand.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nativecolo View Post
    You can work in Oz if you are a NZ citizen.
    Yes I know that part nativecolo but how about migrating to Oz?

I guess if u can work and live there for unrestricted no of years then u might end up applying for Oz Pr.

Quote Originally Posted by kramvi View Post
    Yes I know that part nativecolo but how about migrating to Oz?
    The details are on that link to Australian immigration that you were just given. If you're now thinking about going to live in Australia, you're going to have to learn to like Australian Immigration, just like you (possibly!) did INZ.

No idea. This is my 18th relocation with family and goods. They do not want even to move to another suburb let alone another country, feels like we've arrived now.

So I haven't explored it. In terms of ease for an Indian citizen I still rate NZ and CA to be easier than OZ, UK and definitely the States, in terms of immigration.

But this is my personal opinion and I have many friends in Oz who are happy there.

Maybe if you think you do want to immigrate as a NZ citizen, I suggest look at NZ citizenship if you don't already have it. Oz is not the only place. There are about 95 countries that are very friendly to NZ in terms of immigration.

My writing is fluctuating between Indian English and International. (you don't already have it VS you don't have it already )

Quote Originally Posted by nativecolo View Post
    No idea. This is my 18th relocation with family and goods. They do not want even to move to another suburb let alone another country, feels like we've arrived now.

So I haven't explored it. In terms of ease for an Indian citizen I still rate NZ and CA to be easier than OZ, UK and definitely the States, in terms of immigration.

But this is my personal opinion and I have many friends in Oz who are happy there.

Maybe if you think you do want to immigrate as a NZ citizen, I suggest look at NZ citizenship if you don't already have it. Oz is not the only place. There are about 95 countries that are very friendly to NZ in terms of immigration.

My writing is fluctuating between Indian English and International. (you don't already have it VS you don't have it already )
    Wow many relocations native colo. However I have the opinion that at this time Australia is leading in terms of economy and living conditions. Even if I am wrong I prefer to live in a warmer climate.

My question is mostly about the criterea on the immigration to OZ for a NZ citizen. What conditions does one have to fullfil to be granted a permanent residence to OZ? And would age be a factor because I would be completing 50 years in less than 3 years?

The details are on that link to Australian immigration that you were just given. If you're now thinking about going to live in Australia, you're going to have to learn to like Australian Immigration, just like you (possibly!) did INZ.

Sorry, not trying to be picky but I just remembered you moved recently from Au to NZ right? Any reason for changing the goal post apart from warm weather?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast