Thread: Work VISA Query

Default Work VISA Query

Hi,

I previously applied for a SMC PR visa and still they are in the process of verifying the documents. Now i got a job offer from NZ and my joining date is less than 45 dys from now. I dont think the PR would be completed in that time frame so on the safer side i want to apply for a work visa.

Can any one of you please clarify the below questions for me?

1. For work visa do we need to submit all our past work exp documents or only the job offer from NZ employer is enough?
    2.I submitted my medicals and POC with PR visa. Now how the work visa team will refer medicals from PR team since the SMC pr visa processing center is beijing whereas the work visa will be submitted at New Delhi, INDIA?
    3.Do we need to send the original passport along with workvisa application?
    4. How many days it will take to get the work visa?

Any help is highly appreciated!

I dont think the PR would be completed in that time frame so on the safer side i want to apply for a work visa.
    Have you told your CO you have a job offer, and asked him/her if your Residence might be through in time (also, does s/he advise applying for a work visa as well)? Sometimes, simply asking this makes things happen very quickly, if by chance the verifications are already done and your file is simply waiting in a queue.

Edited to say, I've just seen your other thread and you have asked.

I think you need to ask INZ New Delhi exactly what you need to submit to them. From what I have seen on these threads before, though, one INZ office can check with another INZ office what evidence they already have about you - you should not have to duplicate anything.

Hi JandM,

Thanks for clarification and you are the best guide in forums.

Yes, I informed my CO about the job offer and she asked me to forward the job offer by email and i did that. I also informed her about my joining date. Co replied me saying that " AS we can't sure that your residence would be completed in that time frame, we would recomend you to go for the work visa". If the PR gets delayed due to some unknown reasons i will be in soup in the last minute hence want to apply for work visa.

But is there a negative effect onb PR visa if i apply for wok visa now? Will they delay that processing?

I contacted INZ New Delhi branch and they advised me that we dont need to produced any document as we submitted already. They asked me to provide the cover letter mentioning the client number and reference number.

Once again thank you so much!

There won't be a negative effect, exactly - it will still come through. But you're right in thinking that it may well not happen as quickly as it would without the work visa. Processing of your residence visa will be transferred from INZ Beijing to INZ in NZ (Wellington, I think) once you are over there, and it won't have a high priority. The thinking seems to be, 'Well, what's the hurry? He's in NZ, legally working.'

Is it mandatory that will transfer the case from Beijing to INZ in NZ if i get the work visa? I am applying work visa only for my self whereas i applied PR for my entire family. If that getas delayed due to work visa again problem for the family to join in me in NZ? if i apply partnership visa for the spouse it will take some more time hence applying work visa only for my self.
    How to avoid delaying in PR processing due to work visa as it is highly important for the family to join me in NZ?

Is it mandatory that will transfer the case from Beijing to INZ in NZ if i get the work visa?
    It's mandatory that they will transfer the case once you are in NZ, and of course, they will know when you get there because your visa will show up on the computer as having been used.

if i apply partnership visa for the spouse it will take some more time hence applying work visa only for my self.
    I don't think this is true. The partner-sponsored work visa and student or visitor visas for your children (depending on their ages) also use exactly the same evidence you have already submitted for them for SMC. If you send in all the applications at the same time, linking them with a covering letter, both to your temporary work visa application, and to your Residence case, the official will work them as one case, filling in details which you can't know in advance, such as your visa number, as they become available. Since INZ Beijing have already verified everyone's identities and your partnership evidence, there should not be any delay at all.

You can't avoid the work visa delaying the Residence visa, but getting the visas for your family shouldn't delay the planned departure for all of you.