Thread: transfers from auckland airport

Default transfers from auckland airport

anybody any ideas on the best method of transport to the city centre from the airport? Busses? taxi?

Thanks

Dave

Taxi is the most convenient as it will take you exactly where you want to go but also more expensive unless there are several of you. This link is for the bus services available. There are also various shuttle services which you can find by googling

http://www.maxx.co.nz/info/how-to-tr...-services.aspx

When we arrived we used Super Shuttle
    https://www.supershuttle.co.nz/
    You can book online and they have a rank pretty much outside the International arrivals doors and trailers for luggage etc. They usually take about 3 different bookings in one shuttle, so don't worry.

There is an airport bus for 16 dollars if you are a small party. For larger parties a taxi will be more economical since you don't pay per passenger. Shuttle is useful if you are are a small party and not going to the CBD but somewhere else, especially late at night when there are very few buses from CBD to elsewhere
    Last edited by nativecolo; 12th February 2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: some more

One suitcase and one person going somewhere within walking distance of a stop for the Airport Express (2 routes into the CBD that both terminate on Queen St) makes it the best deal. More luggage, or 1-3 people with 2 bags each, or going to another part of greater Auckland and I would go SuperShuttle, which is $31 for the first person and only $8 more for each additional. Taxi to the city centre is about $80 but you go direct door-to-door; SuperShuttle makes stops for other passengers.

I've done all 3 methods; the time difference with SuperShuttle versus a taxi from St Mary's Bay (near the CBD) is only an extra 10 minutes usually. When travelling on my own that's much easier.

Hmmm, late at night I've reached North Shore at 1.30 AM when I arrived at 10.50 PM, but at that time it is still the cheapest, compared at 150 for a Taxi.

I guess late night is a different affair.

At earlier times in the day I would take the airport express and then the ferry to devonport. The ferry takes less than 10 mins but the last one is at 10 PM I think.
    I guess Auckland Central must be easier, I haven't lived there.