Thread: Visa exprining while waiting for Residency..

Default Visa exprining while waiting for Residency..

Hello everyone

My visa expiring in a month n still waiting from result from INZ for residency application..should i apply for further workvisa?
    My agent said no need to apply for further visa..
    i am very tense wht will v do if d result will be negative?
    can v apply for work visa after d result as well??

INZ asked details to employer by email n visited d place as well...but unfortunately, boss was not in d office n not even my husband(he went out for office work)..
    Last edited by confused; 13th February 2013 at 01:25 PM.

I think you need to apply for further visa. You status must be legal before they can grant you residence visa.

This one of the many reasons people should steer clear of agents. His advice to you is wrong and would put you in a illegal positition.

You must have another work permit to continue working.

My advice speak to immigration.

You are likely to be issued in Interim Visa. You cannot apply for these as NZIS issue them at their discretion.
    Usually they allow you to continue working with the same restrictions as the visa you are currently on.
    Interim Visas are only valid until immigration reach a decision on your residency application.
    They allow you to continue working legally until NZIS reach a decision on your application.
    Last edited by Rob&Don; 13th February 2013 at 04:13 PM.

If there wasn't an agent in the picture, I would be saying to you that you should contact your CO to remind him/her that your work visa expires on x date, and to ask him/her if it's likely your Residence will be through in time, or if you should also apply for another work visa. This is the situation when, very often, the query can make things happen and the Residence appear very rapidly.

I think this is what the agent should have done themself, or have told you to do. You certainly can't ASSUME that everything is going to work out, because, as other posters have said, you don't want to put yourself into an illegal position.

Do you trust the agent to contact the CO on this point if you ask them to? Because if you're not 100% certain they would do it, in your shoes, I would do it yourself, just to be sure that every action that can be taken, has been.

Hi everyone

Thanks for ur reply..appreciated
    Our agent has contacted immigration about our visa n tomorrow our CO gonna call my husband for interview..we have applied under skill migrant category n he is working here in NZ from last 2 n half year..our agent has told tht soon v gonna apply for our further visa..last year v applied for 2 year work visa n immigration granted only 6 months visa..
    The other problem is, he is diabetic n his last report which v submitted 10th dec for HBa1C is 56mmol..n till date his medical is not clear..
    i have lost my 3 year old son in NZ n buried here so dont wanna leave d country..plz pray for us..