Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much evidence did you send in for your Partner Visa/Residence application?

Default How much evidence did you send in for your Partner Visa/Residence application?

I was just told by someone that she sent 300 pages worth of stuff! Is that really the norm? I had just about 100+ pages of documents and photos, including my cover letter and explanations, etc.

What was yours, just so I can reassure myself that I'm not way below the norm?

I sent around 20-30 pages worth of stuff + around 10 pictures. Got my residence visa approved withi a month. I think 300 pages is a lot. I guess it depends the type of evidence you have, tenancy agreements, joint bank account... are worth a lot more than emails for example.
    Good luck with you application

I also sent about 30 pages (10 photo sheets, 10 years of random bank statements, mortgage statements, insurance policies, vehicle ownerships, utilities bills, tax bills, birth certificates, marriage certificate), residence application switched to permanent residence... Took about 2 weeks, see signature.

If you are able to provided concrete documents showing evidence of you being together for more than 1 year it should be enough (Bank statements of joint accounts, letter from in-laws, family pictures with family/ friends, property if jointly held, marriage certificates, kids birth certificates or passport copies which shows both parents names).
    I do not think sending 300 pages is a norm, actually its overkill.

Thanks, guys. I got a bit of a shock when I heard that! Still keeping my fingers crossed.

I think it depends on the CO. He may request even more documents. It also depends on how significative those documents are. We sent around 30 pages plus around 20 pictures and CO requested more documents. I think in total we sent around 200 pages, including the forms.

I must be an overkill sort. I send almost everything that relates just in case we get asked to provide that one random thing that we might have forgotten. Doesn't help that I'm an accountant and am a bit anal about paperwork. We are dropping off my residency application tomorrow and now preparing my work visa application again as my work visa expires in June and INZ told me residency probably won't be granted by then. As I'm employed, would hate to have any lapse in immigration status and have to leave for even a little bit.
    For my photos, I actually put them on a USB drive as we got married last year and am including many of our wedding photos and so forth. But mine is definitely not 300 pages worth (my first work visa was pretty hefty because we had to prove the communication, plane trips, etc while we were apart for approx a year before I was able to move over - so that took up quite a bit)!

I only gave my marriage cert and a translation. They never asked for anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by bulu View Post
    I only gave my marriage cert and a translation. They never asked for anything more.
    I am surprise that they are so lenient with you on this. Usually read that marriage cert means nothing much to them. But good for u!

For myself, i sent abt 2 pages of photos (timeline from bf-gf time, wedding photos, trips, to having kids); wedding cert, old individual bank statement having same address; and home loan bank statement (old and recent) with both our names.

Can't remember exactly, but we sent the normal bank statements, some photos, and letters to us as a family.

I do remember adding a few Christmas cards to us as a family, and since we had four children in school and nursery, we had a considerable collection of these accumulated over the years (we're talking hundreds here). We were joking at the time that if what we sent wasn't enough, we'd just bombard them with xmas cards... Wasn't necessary in the end.

Daniela

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast