Thread: Processing at London Brach too slow compared to others !

Default Processing at London Brach too slow compared to others !

Its my observation and others can have difference of opinion, I feel the processing of SMC visa's at London branch is way too slow compared to other branches like Beijing, Shanghai.
    For Example, application lodged in the month of May/June 2012 with London without Job Offer, the applicant has been assigned a CO and still no news on their Interview Schedule.
    Compare this situation with Shanghai/ Beijing Branch - The applicants lodged in Aug/Oct - they have received the invite for Interview.

I can say WoW - that's true efficiency, at least the wait time is very less compared to people with London branch. I understand the working style and case loads are different among branches, but they follow the same process laid by INZ.
    This stats should give the INZ folks a lead on how to improve the efficiency and increase the turn around time, may be do something differently to balance everyone's expectations.

What are your observation ?

I'm afraid you're making a mistake if you're thinking that INZ is like a business which needs or wants to meet people's expectations. Applicants aren't customers, and they're not buying a service. If someone knocks on my door, I don't have to let them in. It's my right to say yes to some, no to others, and also to make them wait on the doorstep while I check their ID, which is the personal version of the visa process.

Every so often, the instructions to INZ are altered, as to what kind of migrants, and how many, are currently needed in NZ. I think it's a safe bet that, if the NZ government directed, 'We need more of the people being dealt with through London office arriving in NZ by the end of 2013,' staffing levels at the London office would be increased. It's only a short time since people were complaining about the slow and harsh treatment being given to migrants who had to use the INZ offices in India and Asia for their applications, but now there has been reorganization and retraining there, with the result that you are impressed with what they're doing, and finding London applicants disadvantaged in comparison.

The London office processes applications from most of Europe (except the ex-USSR), plus skilled migrants from the Middle East, Africa and North America. That means working with documentation in over 30 languages--even with translations provided, the verification process can be time consuming. Shanghai serves China and Mongolia: two languages (in addition to English); Beijing only India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan - perhaps a dozen languages.

Applicants with job offers are processed more quickly--very quickly, in fact. Mine was processed in 2 months. It would be great if they could be done more quickly; it's important they're done thoroughly and fairly.