Thread: Be aware....

Default Be aware....

I posted earlier comments re; how contracts can be meaningless ie for LWOP/leave without pay...As a "manager discretion" means they can say no if you need to go home and ask you to resign instead

Quote Originally Posted by MissV View Post
    I posted earlier comments re; how contracts can be meaningless ie for LWOP/leave without pay...As a "manager discretion" means they can say no if you need to go home and ask you to resign instead
    What does the contract actually say on the matter?

Have you discussed this with your union and what did they have to say?

Ian

I have a meeting with HR and a uni rep v soon.
    My original contract had additions ie a lil extra leave because when I came to NZ 8yrs ago it was still in the dark ages of 3wks leave a yr
    I also had an addition re: Clinical Skill shortage so a lil extra pay to top up as the wages were again quite lower out here but standard of living not so much different from the Uk
    This was to make things more liveable and was attractive to me at the time, as I was in contact before I even left the Uk
    After 5 yrs I've achieved Long service which gives an additional x1 wk after 5yrs

However with managers discretion any result can come ie you can be ask to resign instead and say re-apply for a position at a later date
    If I was to return i'd have to start from scratch, which I cannot bring myself to do!

Sooo my return will be a little delayed going back home to Uk as prob best I sell up and not try to manage my home from England

I just wanted to warn people things can be going well but if you get a manager that sees an opportunity to ie end a ?costly contract, then I guess they can

So be carefull people, you may be filling a need and then be thought of as a costly one