Thread: Do separate visa categories have their own CO's?

Default Do separate visa categories have their own CO's?

Just wondering since we are still waiting for a CO (Fam. Cat. 3months on from application accepted) if ALL category applications go to just one group of CO's, or are they split up into groups with their own CO's...if the former then potentially a very long wait ahead since the FC are the least priority...

I've never heard an answer to this question, other than guesswork.

I've been really surprised at how quickly some of the parent category cases have gone through since the new regulations came into force last year. Up until then, it has been perfectly normal for people to wait years in the queue. Cynically, I've been thinking that maybe 'they' whizzed a few through quickly, for the look of the thing.

We were among the first lot drawn in August...gutted it will be another 4 weeks (I'm told)...worried it could be much longer than expected if all categories are mixed the same queue...

I have it on good authority that the new Tier 1 category applications are being handled relatively quickly and that is the intention ongoing. On the flip side - anyone with an application under Tier 2 or the old category (pre May 16 2012) could be waiting for a VERY long time and might never get an answer. Anyone under old category who can meet Tier 1 requirements is strongly advised to reapply. Cheers. Karen

If getting assigned to a CO takes you another four weeks, as you were told, that's still faster than many people applying under the SMC and work categories. And, as you say, the parent category is the lowest priority. The ways of INZ are sometimes inscrutable.

As far as I can tell, all category applications go to one group of COs... I know people on another immigration NZ forum who have applied under different categories and had the same CO.