Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Guidance

Default Seeking Guidance

Hi every one,

In application for Residence VISA , it may be affected by an injury that happened at work ( elbow injury that will likely require surgery )?

Thanks.

Have you already applied?

No yet, I´m ready to send EOI.

I dont see how this elbow injury injury will affect your EOI, Your treatment / surgery would /should be covered under current ACC arrangement .
    Anyways - here is the link to potential health issue that can impact your EOI/Visa , and I dont see elbow injury as one of them .

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45634.htm

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by shawankit View Post
    I dont see how this elbow injury injury will affect your EOI, Your treatment / surgery would /should be covered under current ACC arrangement .
    That depends on when/where the injury occurred. If it occurred in NZ, then yes. But not if it is a pre-existing injury that was the result of an accident prior to arrival. It also depends HOW the injury was acquired. ACC covers injuries as a result of accidents only.

Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    That depends on when/where the injury occurred. If it occurred in NZ, then yes. But not if it is a pre-existing injury that was the result of an accident prior to arrival. It also depends HOW the injury was acquired. ACC covers injuries as a result of accidents only.
    Hello Dear,

My injury happen at work ( NEW ZEALAND), and no pre-existing injury on my records. I apreciate all the feedback possible. Thanks.

If you are going to have to submit a new medical in order to put in your EOI, and you are still suffering from the injury when this is done, then the doctor COULD mark your condition as abnormal, so that the medical would be referred to an MA as part of the process. That shouldn't be a problem as long as the doctor/surgeon looking after you is able to say that the ongoing treatment is going to sort out the injury, and afterwards you will be fine.

On the other hand, if you have recently renewed your work visa and had a medical done for that, perhaps that medical might still be in force - ?

Hi. If you submitted a medical certificate previously to INZ for a visa then it is valid for up to 36 months. The key factor is whether or not ongoing treatment is likely to cost NZ more than $41,000 in the future. However, if the injury happened at work in NZ and was caused by an accident (not an ongoing condition such as arthritis etc) then the majority of the cost should be covered by ACC. ACC treatment is no longer completely free. For example, I had to pay a reduced sum of $20 approx to see my GP after an accident at work in 2012. Normal cost would have been around $50. Not sure how far this gradual introduction of charges has spread. Hope this helps. Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you are going to have to submit a new medical in order to put in your EOI, and you are still suffering from the injury when this is done, then the doctor COULD mark your condition as abnormal, so that the medical would be referred to an MA as part of the process. That shouldn't be a problem as long as the doctor/surgeon looking after you is able to say that the ongoing treatment is going to sort out the injury, and afterwards you will be fine.

On the other hand, if you have recently renewed your work visa and had a medical done for that, perhaps that medical might still be in force - ?
    Hello and thanks for your help,

My medical test are still in the period of efectiveness (36 months) it are currently in 20 months.
    What does mean MA?

thanks Karen , it helps a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast