Thread: IQA still in progress !

Default IQA still in progress !

Hi Friends,

My IQA application is still showing ' in progress ' under the stage of 'Evaluation'. But it has been almost 8 weeks since my original documents were received by NZQA. Is it normal ?.

Please share your experience on this. Thanks.

They do seem to be on a slow pace, even making an allowance for Christmas. Mine was submitted 29 Nov, docs received 6Dec, file set up 12 Dec but then not allocated until 10 Jan. the website did say applications received after the 14th Dec would not be allocated until the new year but I thought I had got in under the deadline.

Then I had a request to pay verification fee to one of my universities, which was the first time I had heard from the Evaluation Officer. And later, after quality checking he came back for more info. Any time spent in Waiting is not considered part of the 35 days. Fortunately I could get things turned around in half a day. And I regularly emailed the EO to remind him time was of the essence. My IQA us on its way back having left Wellington on 13 Feb, so will poss be 18 feb before I have it.

With hindsight I wish I had gone straight for IQA and upgraded to fast track. PAR seems like a waste of money. I thought my timescales didn't need fast track but thought 35 days was end to end ie from docs received to having the formal notification in my hands, including a normal amount of waiting time. Obviously not.

Thanks RedVee for your feedback. I will wait for a couple of weeks ...

Arvin,

We all have to wait, that is what can be done.
    NZQA received my IQA on 07th Jan'13. Till January end it didnt move from allocation stage.
    Currently it is in Evaluation stage , which was progressed on 01st Feb.

You are not alone in the wait. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee View Post
    My IQA us on its way back having left Wellington on 13 Feb, so will poss be 18 feb before I have it.
    And it arrived today . Two qualifications assessed as equivalent to the learning outcomes at level 8 post graduate diploma (unspecified) and one equivalent to a specific New Zealand post graduate qualification at level 8. More than enough given I wasn't looking for bonus points.

ITA now in, and can try to breathe for a bit before I start worrying about whether it gets sorted in time to start the new job

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee View Post
    And it arrived today . Two qualifications assessed as equivalent to the learning outcomes at level 8 post graduate diploma (unspecified) and one equivalent to a specific New Zealand post graduate qualification at level 8. More than enough given I wasn't looking for bonus points.

ITA now in, and can try to breathe for a bit before I start worrying about whether it gets sorted in time to start the new job
    @RedVee Good news.

hello guys,
    do you know if can i still change the processing of my IQA to fast track after the docs were already received at NZQA? was calling their hotline (0800697296) but it seems not working and also their trunkline (4633112) but i only get a ring then it hangs up. i sent email and i got automated reply that i will get full reply after 10 days.

do you know any contact number (aside from above) that i can call?
    i reside in singapore by the way.
    thanks!

lowan

@RedVee - all the best..hope your ITA will be processed much faster so you can start your job on time..

Arvin,

We all have to wait, that is what can be done.
    NZQA received my IQA on 07th Jan'13. Till January end it didnt move from allocation stage.
    Currently it is in Evaluation stage , which was progressed on 01st Feb.

You are not alone in the wait. Good Luck!
    @ rv1103- thanks for your feedback

Finally my IQA application has reached notification stage & it seems like they took exactly 35 working days...
    Last edited by arvin; 19th February 2013 at 09:45 PM.

Hi Guys
    Seems everone IQA is getting delay..... Which i can not efford.... My IQA is still in Allocation stage as i sent them on FAST TRACK.... Hope for the best.
    Good with ITA guys who recieved the IQA result...