Thread: visa waiver question

Default visa waiver question

I went to NZ after xmas 2012 for three weeks on visa waiver visitor visa and was given three months automatically as they do and stayed with my partner (we have not lived together before ).
    My intention is to go over again in May , with my daughter this time, and am assuming that I will again be given three months visa waiver. We will then go for the partnership sponsored work visa within that time period, sending all the evidence etc.
    My question is, am I likely to be viewed with suspicion in that I am coming back so soon? (Will be coming in with return tickets) Do you advise me to be upfront if questioned, eg saying- I have a partner here and we are going to apply for w partnership visa and go through the proper process? Am I doing anything illegal in just remaining quiet about that if not questioned? If all does not go to plan I will not be overstaying my visa.

Thanks-any advice would be happy to hear

I came over in June '12 and stayed for 3 weeks. I came back in December (24 weeks pregnant) and was given another 3 months. We had to go to Australia a couple of weeks ago for a few days, and I left and came back in (35 weeks pregnant) with no issues. I was again given another 3 months, but I'm not sure if that's standard procedure or not. The only question I got was from a baffled looking customs girl that asked if I was traveling alone. I told her my husband shot through the citizen line and she said next time I could go with him. I dropped my visa app off at immigration a couple of days later. That's my experience on the matter.

I will say this, and I may be totally wrong (someone will be along shortly to correct me if I am), but I think you have to have your visa approved before they will complete a student visa for your child, or maybe you could turn it in with yours in hopes of them processing them together. That may be where you could possibly run into problems.

Am I doing anything illegal in just remaining quiet about that if not questioned?
    Definitely not.

I've no idea about your quick return - it might attract attention or it might not. Sorry, this is a crystal ball question. ((()))

Thanks Auburn well your experience gives me hope. And Jand-well a crystal ball would be good, wouldn't it? (For some things only-like this one!)