Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nzqa

Default Nzqa

My OH Helen finally got through to NZQA last night to find out what had happened to her qualifications seeing as they received them in august and they hadn't even notified us of that. The girl said that there was no problem with her paperwork it had been verified but apparently it now goes to another place to have its result issued which can take up to six weeks!!! whats that all about? has anyone else had this problem?
    P+H.

P+H
    i sent my stuff at end of August and am still waiting to hear if it arrived safely - your post put my mind at rest a bit - i emailed them the other day - did you end up having to ring to get through ?? Advice please - and commiserations about the wait - what a "kerfuffle" !!!
    Tracey

Did you pay to have it fast tracked? It made a big difference with mine and I had no problems with NZQA at all. The biggest delay was in the post, when the result was being sent to me, and that was a UK postal problem rather than an NZ one. I was also given a timeframe of something like 6 weeks, but it was actually nowhere near that long - they're just covering themselves I think. Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Kate

Hi,
    We understood it would be twenty working days so we didn't see the point in fast tracking. It landed on august 29th, we know because we tracked it through the fedex. when we rang the girl dealing with helens qualifications said everything was fine but the result would be issued by somebody else and that could take up to a further six weeks!! If we had known that we definetley would of fast tracked. Don't think we can now though.
    P+H

hi, did they say why it would take a further 6 wks? I want to send our ITA in before our meds run out and I only sent them the info on the 9th by Airmail :-(

kat

I'm afraid so, if they come back any quicker i will let you know.
    P+H

My credit card was charged on 9/9 by NZQA, I will post as well when I hear.

Susan

Hi,

I got my NZQA report 7 weeks after sending my documents to NZ.
    The main problem is that you donīt get any information from the evaluator (which is definetly not the nice girl at the phone) before he will have got all questions answered.
    Next problem: If he has sent questions by email to any institute clarifying your degrees exams aso, you will not be notified. Thus it can last a few months , when he doesnīt get a response.
    If you believe he has sent emails, best strategy is to phone them and ask if they got a question to be sure he will get an answer.

Regards

zensamurai

Hi Paul & Helen

Our assessment took nearly 3 months, dont panic!! this was because they were waiting for confirmation of award from C&G. If it helps we sent off our ITA without it but put in our pre assessment and a letter from NZQA confirming that we had applied (and mentioned this in the covering letter).

Don't expect them to let you know that it's been sent though, we were still chasing C&G for another letter and when I e-mailed our evaluator to let him know we had sent by registered post, he said our assessment had been completed and posted 2 weeks earlier!!! considering we had spent a fortune in phone calls I was not to impressed!

It then arrived 4 days after we had submitted ITA!!

Good luck.

Jo

Hi,

I got an email in response to mine telling me my docs. needed further verification and a letter was on its way - nice lady copied it all on the email and so I was able to immediately start asking my past unis for copies of transcripts. I suppose it'll take a possible 6 weeks from me sending the transcripts - so another 10 weeks prob all in all!!
    We want to submit ITA by end of Oct - anyone else put in ITA without the assessment but who has qualifications on the Recognised List ?? Was in panic at first but many deep breaths and a couple of bottles of wine seem a good solution,

Tracey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast