Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nzqa

Default Money taken off c.card!

Hi all, Just thought I'd post that NZQA have taken £196.26 on the 19th! so I'll start the countdown to 20 days from then and see what happens, but since you can send the pre-assessment in to start off the process of the ITA I am not so worried now and just need to organise the X-rays to go with the medicals booked for 0ct 4th.

Kat

me again, Tracey when you started to ask your unis for info did they charge you for the pleasure, NQZA passed on an email, from OCR and they want to charge £22 for accessing my records the first time and a further £8 for each other!!

please someone post if they got around these charges ASAP as I am going to reply to OCR later when I get home from work (boss out at min but on his way in :-( )

ta

Kat

Unhappy

Hi all,
    Things have now took a turn for the worse with Helens application.
    We didn't apply together because even though we have been together for a long time we aren't married and we both have our own houses so proving defacto would be difficult.
    Anyway Helen teaches early childhood in this country but she is primarily a primary teacher which was on the skills shortage list. Even though on july 4th it was took off the list she still received an ITA because of her experience.
    During a conversation with NZQA the other night the girl said her assessment would be no problem but the teachers council would only register to teach primary because of her qualifications, they don't take experience into account at all. This means that although she has ten o levels, four A levels, a B-ed honours degree, eight years teaching experience half of that at management level she now only has 95 points and her application won't be accepted. And top it all her qualifications came back from nz yesterday along with all the photo copies we had done.
    So today she is not a happy bunny, we don't know where to go from here or what to do next, i think we are going to have to explore working visas.
    P+H

Plus the fact her medical will of run out by then, great, more money i suppose.

Then if I was you I would go there, find a Job and she can be on your application. Maybe you'll have better luck over there with your ITA?

Chin up and dont give up on ur dreams

HI
    Don't give up Paul and Helen,
    if you can go - then do it and take the chance.

KaT - I had to contact two unis for copies of transcripts. Sunderland offered the service for FREE ! and Manchester wanted a cheque for £10, which I didn't quibble about as I was so relieved it might be possible to retrieve these documents from the mid 1980's (it doesn't seem that long ago - but you really feel it when you are tracking something nearly 20 years old). You query it girl and good luck - I don't have a pre-assessment to include in my ITA so I just hope my qualifications are sufficient,

Tracey

Default NZQA and timing?????

Quote Originally Posted by katandbob
    sent NQZA the info on the 9th by Airmail

kat
    CC payment on 19th....
    22nd (AM) email from NZQA requesting I pay OCR £22.
    26th Email to NZQA (cc to me)

QUOTE:I can comfirm that after checking our records the above named was awarded the following:

Certificate title

Year Achieved - December 1996

Centre Number - XXXXXXXXXX

For your information this award was achieved through RSA Examinations Board. In 1998 RSA merged with Oxford and Cambridge and is now know as OCR.

I hope that this information is satisfactory to your requirements.
    Regards
    OCR UNQUOTE! £22 for this! easy money hey

26th Notice through door from DHL! rang them to deliver it to work address as I thought it was a part for my Fridge!

I got this email on the 26th :
    QUOTE:
    Dear Karen

Thank you for your email.
    We have received verification today and the assessment will be completed within 10 working days.

Yours sincerely

Qualification Recognition Services UNQUOTE.

and finally today: 29th DHL delivered a NEW ZEALAND Express envelope!!! good job I signed for it, and that I had loads of pwk from the solicitors regarding house sale with me! I made out that it was some form for the sale of the house.

I now have all my documents back and a letter which has a very confusing paragraph so read on and your thoughts on it will be appreciated

Request for verification are sent 3 times over a 10 mth period. NZQA will tell you each time a reminder is sent out to the institiutions.

well as much as I can see they contacted them and they got a reply and the email from NZQA says 10days??? I'm confused now? but if I get the confirmation of verification next week I will be on here to let you all know!

Ohhhhhh headache - wheres that bottle of wine I bought

kat

HI everyone,

Let us all know about your verification Kat - I wait with interest and did someone mention wine ? There have been a few bottles of those opened in our house lately !

Helen, were you originally claiming points for your experience with early years education ? Are these no longer acceptable ? I claimed for both teaching qualifications and experience having been in primary education since 1987 - will I lose points then that I expected to have for my experience ? My OH and I are applying together, unlike you and Paul, but I am the Principal applicant - so my details are important ! Let me know - I am getting a tad worried now,

Tracey

Hi, we contacted the person who gave us helens ITA and explained the situation his reply was that even though the teachers council don't recognise her experience in early childhood NZIS do. So in theory she will be registered to teach primary education and providing she can prove her experience in early childhood, which she can, she will still be eligible for the points she is claiming for her experience so she will be able to submit her ITA.
    hope this helps, any questions let me know
    P+H

HI
    Paul and Helen,
    Sounds like Helen will be okay then to accumulate enough points - bet you're both relieved. I think I will be okay - but still nervous as I need to have my qulaifications verified before NZQA will process them and we are hoping that copies of the documents will suffice in the ITA for end of Oct. if my assessment isn't complete. Have letter to say it is underway. Helen are you registering with the teacher's council before you submit ITA ? - I won't be able to without the NZQA assessment. OH thinks I'm getting my knickers in a twist as usual - well, as I see it I'll worry for the two of us so he doesn't have to. Thanks for the advice - will prob. need more,

Tracey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast