Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opportunities Overseas Expo

Default Opportunities Overseas Expo

Hello,

I'm living in Portugal, so i don't have much opportunities to have some direct contact with NZ contractors.

Recently I heard about this job opportunities expo that will happen in London, next March, and I thought I could catch a flight to there and see how it works.

Does anyone here has already been in an expo like this? Or, does anyone have an opinion about this subject? I wonder if it's worth the efforts ...

http://www.workingin-events.com/even.../#.USFYCGftOuI

It's been a long time since you posted, but I was just informed by a recruiter I've been working with that it is worth it.
    I never had the chance to attend that kind of events and don't know if my information is accurate but I think I am going to give it a try anyways.
    Rui if you decide to go to, let me know and maybe we could meet. (planning to attend the London expo Saturday March 16th)

I had thought about going, but now the flights are very expensive. Unless I find a good opportunity in the last minute, I won't go :/

Hi I just wanted to say that although it was 5 years ago it was an expo that got us here. We went to one a few years before but just walked around & when the next one came up I made sure we were more prepared with who would be there that we should speak to in terms of employment & my husband got an interview the following week & we moved to NZ 3 months later, all a bit of a rush but the best move for us ever. Good luck & I hope if you do go you can get the opportunities we found

Thank you, I am indeed going. Your experience is really encouraging.
    I hope I will at least have the opportunity to speak with potential employers. Although and in regards of preparation with who will be there, I have sent an email to the company organizing the event asking them to send me a list of NZ consultancies represented in the expo; within minutes I got a, probably automated response, stating that someone will contact me with further details.
    I'm still waiting..............

Whew, this makes me want to attend the USA one..

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thank you, I am indeed going. Your experience is really encouraging.
    I hope I will at least have the opportunity to speak with potential employers. Although and in regards of preparation with who will be there, I have sent an email to the company organizing the event asking them to send me a list of NZ consultancies represented in the expo; within minutes I got a, probably automated response, stating that someone will contact me with further details.
    I'm still waiting..............
    Have you looked a the list of jobs currently showing on the website?

http://www.workingin-events.com/even...stry=&Country=

We went to the Nov 2011 expo and whilst the employers there weren't looking for our skills at that point, which we weren't surprised by, it was still useful to speak to the other exhibitors - banks, removals etc. We did come away with lots of information.

We plan on going again next weekend as we are closer to our hoped for move date, to hopefully put some wheels in motion re banking, quotes for removals etc and you never know - a job.

Actually my email to them was about the job section of their website (the engineering one), as they only advertise one exhibitor, so I asked them if there are going to be others to.
    Anyways as I mentioned above, the recruiter I work with told me that a lot of consultancies are going to be there so fingers crossed.

Today I made my last attempt to buy last minute cheap tickets to London. I went directly to the airport but the prices are exorbitant.

I saw the list of employers who will be at the expo, this weekend, and there's lots of interesting job opportunities.

Definitely, I'll have to plan (in good time) my trip to Birmingham Expo, next July.

Zach if you are going to London, please let me know how it was, as soon as possible.

Just came back from London. The expo was nothing like I hoped it would be. There were just one consultancy from New Zealand ( the one advertised on their website), also there was one construction company, a couple of recruitment companies and Auckland Transport. I had the chance to meet a lady from the consultancy who kindly offered to forward my CV to people she knows and that was it.
    As far as other companies and countries is concerned, there were some Canadian recruiters, Immigration consultants and international movers.
    Overall there were about 20 exhibitors, I stayed there for about 2 hours including the time I spent waiting in queues.
    Concluding, I don't think it is advisable for someone to travel from another country just for this event, but this is just my opinion.
    For anyone thinking of going to future events like this one, make sure you have in advance as much information as possible and make sure you are there at least half an hour earlier to avoid big queues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast