Thread: DOB is wrong in my original Certificate

Unhappy DOB is wrong in my original Certificate

Hi All,

Well , I am into a very difficult situation which I, myself came to know today itself... My DOB certificate (issued by Municipal Corporation) has wrong Date of Birth where as all other documents (Passport, SSC, HSC , Degree certificates) have correct DOB mentioned. Can someone please help me out how can I resolve this. Correction can be done but not on the Dates on DOB certificate. How NZ react on this ?

Does a letter from my parents stating about my wrong DOB work with all other documents to support my correct DOB ? Please some help as I am left with only 1.5 month to submit ITA

Appreciate Quick Response

Hi
    Your parents will need to do an affidavit in court , starting that your muncipal corportation date of birth was registered incorrectly due to mistake/oversight/ typo error issues and your actual date of birth is XXX.They will need to attach other proof like letter for hospital if possible.

You will then need this affidavit to be submitted to Muncipal along with other proofs ( all other documents (Passport, SSC, HSC , Degree certificates) ) and request modification on date of birth on registered file , and then request issue of corrected DOB certificate.

Hope that helps.

Hi Nicks,

Hope you are doing well.
    I have the same issue and thought of getting your advise on how to proceed. Did NZ immigration accepted a mistake in Birth Certfiicate.
    It will be a great help if you could share your experience.

Thanks in advance

Here's a thread showing what happened next. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post485045 I can't see anything telling how the CO responded, but the normal thing would be to allow the extra time necessary to someone who was doing their best to sort out the situation.

Nicks did eventually get Residence, and is now in NZ.

Do not take chances with DOB...and things have changed in India, getting DOB is not difficult anymore.

I think nothing changed in India and corrupt system . I had to pay INR 50000 Rs to just get my DOB corrected in a legal way in 2014.

Is it 50k....really?
    ache din, I suppose ..... not making fun of you my friend, however the corrupt system