Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reg employment experience letter

Default reg employment experience letter

Hi All,

I have got my employment experience letter from previous employer, my designation is mentioned

and my start and end date is mentioned on that but my roles and responsibilities are not mentioned

in the experience letter, would that be problem when i apply for visa?

my roles and responsibilities are not mentioned in my offer letter too, would that a be problem when i apply for a PR/ Work visa

Normally, INZ need to see certain information about each period of work experience, apart from what you mention - a description of exactly what job you held involves (because a job title can be anything a boss decides, and the same words won't always mean the same job), your responsibilites, the qualifications you had to have to be given the job, the fact that your daily work used your skilled qualifications, and how many hours per week you worked (so they can see if it was full time, in order to calculate your total years of work experience).

If your previous employers are unwilling to issue such a letter, you can ask a line manager or colleague who worked closely with you, so they were familiar with your work, to write instead. Bear in mind, they will need to state their position at the company, and they will need to be contactable at the address/email/phone number given, during the time your case is being processed, as INZ will need to verify evidence for every previous employment that you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Normally, INZ need to see certain information about each period of work experience, apart from what you mention - a description of exactly what job you held involves (because a job title can be anything a boss decides, and the same words won't always mean the same job), your responsibilites, the qualifications you had to have to be given the job, the fact that your daily work used your skilled qualifications, and how many hours per week you worked (so they can see if it was full time, in order to calculate your total years of work experience).

If your previous employers are unwilling to issue such a letter, you can ask a line manager or colleague who worked closely with you, so they were familiar with your work, to write instead. Bear in mind, they will need to state their position at the company, and they will need to be contactable at the address/email/phone number given, during the time your case is being processed, as INZ will need to verify evidence for every previous employment that you mention.
    Thanks JandM for the information, what if i have Statutory Declaration from one of my colleague who is working with me at the moment but there may be chances that he will be not working with me by the time of CO assign to my file.Can we mention his personal mobile and email address apart from the company email/phone number?

That should be fine. It does not matter if the person is not still working with you, or if they don't even still work for the same company. This method has been used by people who needed to show work experience from several years before, when the business they worked for no longer exists, etc..

Hi Everyone
    With respect to my current employer, they will only issue a letter with my Start date , my designation on company letter. In addition to this, i have all other necessary proofs like pay slips, tax returns, yearly hike letters etc.
    The only thing they cannot provide is printing my roles and responsibilities on company letter, As this is against the company law.
    So, for roles and responsibilities, can i take submit colleagues reference letter which states my roles and responsebilities.... Also, this has to be taken on any legalized/notarized paper?
    Can any one please share your thoughts or experience with respect to this

Thanks

So, for roles and responsibilities, can i take submit colleagues reference letter which states my roles and responsebilities
    As above, yes.
    Also, this has to be taken on any legalized/notarized paper?
    No, nobody has ever had that required.

Thanks JandM

Hi Sachin

In my case too, my current employer didn't issue a letter mentioning my roles and responsibilities.
    However, I had such letters issued from previous employers. And I submitted those experience letters from previous organizations.
    And for current employer, I submitted joining letter, payslips, taxslips.
    Those are accepted by CO, and she didn't ask any further documentation.

Good Luck

Hi All,

I have two work experiences where I will submit a certificate of employment where one states that it's full time employment and the other one is a contract which states that working hours is 9am-6pm but doesn't mention number of days in a week (so could be open to a part-time employment interpretation). Are these details good enough? Or does it need to specify at least 30 hours per week employment? Thanks.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast