Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applying from India | Timeframes for my work visa and Partnership-based work visa

Default Applying from India | Timeframes for my work visa and Partnership-based work visa

Hi,

I have received a job offer and will be joining office in New Zealand on the 1st week of May. I will be submitting my Work Visa application and my partner is also looking to get his temporary partnership-based work permit by filling the required documents.

If we both submit all the documents in 1st week of March - when can we roughly expect the Visa's to arrive ?

Thanks & Regards.

Congratulations on your job offer!

I'm afraid there is no way to tell when you will receive your visas. Your applications wil be checked through, and all your evidence verified, and there is a lot of possible delay in that process, depending on how quickly your educational establishment, and past employers, reply to INZ. There can also be issues with medicals. Then, every INZ CO is working an allocation of cases as well as your own, in rotation, so difficulties with another case can impact on others in the queue. And working conditions in the office (e.g. staff sickness) are unpredictable.

If you do a search for "Immigration NZ (whatever) branch processing times", you will probably find that office's estimate for how long visas will take, but these timings have to be understood as elastic, and their best guess, based upon how things HAVE BEEN going lately, never a promise.

I'm sure this sounds depressing and negative, but it's better to be prepared. Applying for a visa is NOT a simple process equivalent to buying something. You're dealing with a government department, a huge bureaucracy, and it grinds along to its own rules.

Thanks JandM. I forgot to mention that i have got a job from an accredited employer. Will that help getting things done quickly ? I will be submitting Work Visa applications and will not be submitting an EOI.

Things will happen MORE quickly with a work visa for an accredited employer than with an EOI, but it's still true that every part of your evidence will be checked, and every check can be delayed by someone who doesn't answer promptly. And the situation in the office applies to everyone. The INZ processing times pages usually list Residence applications and work visa applications separately, so you can see the difference they expect.

Good luck with things going through promptly.

Applying with a job offer from an accredited employer might make it quicker but you would still have to make sure your medicals are clean as JandM mentioned. Also a couple of my friends from India have had delays with partnership based applications as just having a marriage certificate does not satisfy INZ in proving a genuine partnership.

Regarding partnership proof, there are several old threads (use the search) on here about INZ requirements for this. Partnership is the main visa which is open to fraud, for people who want to fake a visa, so every case is VERY carefully looked at. Thorough proof of a live-in relationship over time is what you're aiming at.

Thanks JandM and Midas for your replies. Me and my partner have been married for 3 years now and apart from a marriage certificate , we are planning to submit the below. I hope it will be sufficient. Let me know.

Letter which outlines the history of our relationship.
    Birth certificate of our child which contains the parent names.
    Marriage Photos, Recent Photos.
    Housing Loan Documents since we both have taken a join loan just after our marriage and another joint loan which we took a year back.
    Email conversations.
    Holiday air tickets booked together.

Regarding Medicals - We would get the chest and general medical certs. Hoping it would be fine as well.

They are going to be looking for confirmation of the continuity, so if possible, make sure there is something for every month or so of the last year, particularly (as they want to know the relationship is ongoing right to the moment you submit). Other good proofs are letters from official bodies (such as the bank, or telephone or other service providers), addressed to either of you, but at your shared address, and copies of doctor's records showing you at the same address.

Aparna
    Birth certificate of Your child which contains the parent names.
    Does either of your Passports have the spouse name mentioned in it ? - This will be the clincher
    Marriage Certificate Registered in the local taluk office - I didnt have any issue's

Thanks Everyone!

Finally submitted my 'WTR-Accredited Employer' Application and 'Partnership-based work permit' application for my husband on March 4th. Got a message that it has been forwarded to Mumbai branch for processing on March 5th. Hoping to get the Visa soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast