Thread: Should I submit EOI or wait?

Default Should I submit EOI or wait?

Guess this ought to be a FAQ, but I couldn't see it anywhere obvious.

It looks to me that you'll be unlikely to get an ITA unless you have more than 140 points or have 100-140 plus a job offer. I'm in the 100-140 range, and looking for NZ jobs, should I submit an EOI now, or wait until I get a job offer?

Can I update an EOI once it's been submitted if I get a job offer?

TIA, PB

You can submit EOI but it will remain 6 months in the pool, if you are not selected you have to re-submit (with new payment). You can edit your EOI during this period. For the selection criteria -your case- might be selected without job offer/between 100-140/ with bonus points (125 rarely -130). The fact is that 4 selection occurred in January / February 2013 was with no applicants have bonus points.

PB,

If you really are looking at NZ, just apply the EOI. There are folks who have been given ITA for points in the 100-140 range.
    The only factor is the time of selection may vary, as this range is usually checked after the >140 point range is done with and on the basis of your experience/education that is stated in your EOI.

Good luck!

Following the history of selected EOIs, INZ is narrowing the amount fo accepted immigrants through EOI scores. So if i were you, i submit EOI today to be in the queue and take my chances, beacuse waiting will make it worse. Also finding job overseas is hard to get. You can send your EOI and take your chances now, and search for jobs in the waiting time, you can then inform INZ with your job offer at anytime and increase your chances.

Can I update an EOI once it's been submitted if I get a job offer?
    Yes.