Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are here, 2 days in!!!

Welcome. We got to Auckland's North Shore last month and love it so far. Let us know if you need anything to get by in your new house. Kitchen essentials etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    Nau mai, haere mai ki Aotearoa
    Ditto!

Welcome home!

All the best for the job interview, enjoy some kiwi and cherries and buy some stock of tomatoes before they disappear in winter

Hi Skuggs
    We also arrived here this week, Monday 25th Feb early hours. Flew with Singapore Airlines which was an excellent flight. however, unfortunately I was told by my travel agent that even though I was emigrating I was still only allowed 20kg of luggage per person. I phoned Singapore Airlines London and spoke to a guy who allowed us an extra 5kg each totalling 25kg per person. I had to leave quite a few things behind and was really disappointed. When I arrived at check in desk at Manchester I was told that as we were migrating to NZ we had a baggage allowance of 40kg each person.............I was absolutely gutted that I had to leave quite a lot of items behind. I wish I had looked it up on this site earlier. That's why I am putting this down now, just in case anyone else comes across the question...........hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Timber View Post
    Welcome. We got to Auckland's North Shore last month and love it so far. Let us know if you need anything to get by in your new house. Kitchen essentials etc.
    Thank you for the offer!!! My SIL is loaning me loads and I managed to sneak some pots, cutlery and cooking utensils into our wopping luggage allowance.

Cutz thanks for the tomato tip! Do u mean buy fresh and preserve them or buy tinned? If I can find some Kilner type jars I might make up a few kilos of slow roasted tomato sauce.

Mirrors, that is SO annoying. I couldn't find a thing on their website so phoned them to confirm migrant luggage allowance and they gave me an email address to get it confirmed in writing. As it was, we had 6 checked bags probably totalling 100kg. Our total checked allowance was 130kg as our baby still only got a 10kg allowance.

Welcome HOME!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12