Thread: Work Visa

Post Work Visa

Hey There,

How long does it typically take for getting work visa ? I would be holding a visitor visa to land in NZ and my wife is a PR. Can some body help or let me know how it is usually?

Thanks,
    Vignesh

Do a search for 'NZ immigration (whatever branch) processing times', and you should find a page giving you that office's best guess of how things are going at the moment for the different visas, based on recent experience. There is no way to know exactly what will happen, as conditions in the offices vary, and people's circumstances mean that how things go for their own visas varies too.

If you arrive in NZ on a visitor's visa, you will need to get a job offer before you can get a work visa. Is there no chance that you could get a partner-sponsored work visa instead? That would be an open visa, allowing you to take any job that you were offered. At least you will be able to apply for such a visa once you have been living together with your wife and collected two to three months' proof.

Thanks a lot for your response.

But we have already shown proof for the fact that we have lived together for some time.

So i hope to get the visa at the earliest and start working..

So what I said above, about needing a job offer, when I did not know about your partnership proof, doesn't apply. Ignore that!

yes, good to know, I am trying to get information about the same issue. Thanks!

Just ask if you can't find things relating your particular circumstance.