Thread: Partner Visa Application - advice welcome

Default Partner Visa Application - advice welcome

I am an Australian Citizen (have Aussie Passport) and have been living in the UK for about five years. I am planning to move to New Zealand in Oct/November 2013. I would like to sponsor my partner to join me and am not sure if I have to be resident in NZ before he can apply for a work visa or whether we can start the application while we both live in the UK. Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

You need to look here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30878.htm

It appears that you will need to be resident in NZ to be able to start the process.

Hi, thanks Jand M yes it seems I cant get it started until I arrive - just wondering if anyone else has had experience of this ?

If you and your partner are already living together in the UK, don't forget to collect as much evidence as possible that that is the case before you leave. (Some things are easier to get when you're near at hand to remind people or collect things in person.) If you've got evidence to hand already, you'll be able to put in his application as soon as you arrive. If you've lived together for a year or more, he could go straight for Residence.

Thanks J and M. I emailed the NZ Immigration Department and gave them all of my details. They said that I could start the process before I move to NZ (as I have the requirements to live and work in NZ, being an Australian Citizen and passport holder) I've just had a quick look at the evidence requirements as you advise and it seems we can provide them with what they require. So its great news!

That's excellent!