Thread: About the Skill Shortage List

Default About the Skill Shortage List

Hi All,

I'm planning my EOI, but I get one question about the Skill Shortage List, hope that I would get some advice from you.

My occupation exists in the Long Term Skill Shortage list. However in the requirement column, Only bachelor degree (Level 7) is described there. In this case, can I still claim the points if I apply for EOI with the qualification of master degree?

Looking forward to your kind reply at your earliest convenience.

Thanks in advance

AFAIK, you must meet the EXACT qualification requirement to be able to claim points. A qualification which is more or less than what is stated in the column wont allow you to claim the points. let's wait for other input regarding your query.

HTH

This reply is correct. This old thread explains. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....163#post463163 (I believe the original poster there is in the same position as you, needing to get his bachelor's degree assessed for immigration purposes. You can still claim the extra points for having the master's, but you have to HAVE and PROVE exactly the requirement listed, in order to be counted as a skilled applicant.)

Thanks a lot, amidala and JandM!