I am about to submit a PAR assessment because I need to verify that my Masters is comparable with the required degree on the Long Term Skills Shortage List before I go the EOI route.My degrees show that they are exempt from assessment on the immigration site(Appendix 3 - List of qualifications exempt from assessment: 'http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45795.htm') but in order to complete the EOI with the bonus points for being on the Long Term Shortage Skills List then I need to verify that my degree is comparable with the NZ degree.

The Long Term Skill Shortage List Requirements for an 'Urban and regional planner(232611)' is a 'Bachelors degree (or higher) in environmental or resource planning'. In South Africa I am an Urban and Regional Planner(registered with the South African Council of Planners) with 10 years experience but the problem lies in the fact that my qualifications are termed differently ie I have a Masters of Town and Regional Planning versus the required 'Bachelors degree (or higher) in environmental or resource planning'. I need to determine whether the qualifications I have are the same as what the LTSSL requires before I submit an EOI. If my qualifications are not the same then I wont submit the EOI but will rather go the 'Work to Residence' route as I have both a Masters of Town and Regional Planning and a Masters in Economics which both are listed on the Skilled Migrant list which allow me to apply for a Work to Residence permit.

Any advice welcome!