Thread: Urgent help needed!!!!!!

Unhappy Urgent help needed!!!!!!

Dear all,

We are in a bit of logjam here. We first submitted an EOI in 2010 . We used my husband's B.sc's engineering result and he applied as an engineer. The application was declined as his degree was a sydney accord degree , we had never heard of the different accords before the mail from the case officer . In the course of investigating further we discovered that he ideally should have applied as a civil technician ,since all the work experience he was claiming was that acquired using his diploma qualification before he acquired his B.sc. Generally in our country both HND and B.Sc holders are regarded as engineer and fill such vacancy , technician and engineer are used interchangeably .Not knowing how to proceed further we abandoned the application. It was also a very challenging period for us as a family as we just lost our son, who died six days after childbirth.

Later while discussing with an agent who was trying to persuade us to apply for Australia, we re examined our paperwork and decided he should apply as civil technician , which he now did.

The case officer is now accusing him of dishonesty saying he first applied as a civil engineer and now he has applied as a civil technician using the same work experience. Please what can we do ,it was an honest mistake.

I am so sorry to hear about your family situation. Sincere condolences.

About the application, you need to write to the CO stating what you have just said here - all of it, including the loss of your son. The CO has the duty to challenge you, to give you the right to explain. It isn't necessarily as hostile as it sounds.

Thanks JandM, do we apply for a character waiver as well?

A character waiver is normally only needed if someone's police check shows that they have a criminal record of some kind.

Deronk,

So sorry about your son.
    You can state your circumstances to the CO so he understands.

CO will always want an explanation which is logical & acceptable for them to process the case.

In your case, it seems that is present. You just need to explain this to your CO descriptively.

Good luck!

Accept my sympathy for the loss of your son. I also feel you should explain as advised. Wish you all the best.

Hi all,

Thanks for the concern. We have decided to explain to the co as advised by all. We also intend getting the human resource manager in my husband's office to write a letter explaining the scenario. We will keep the house informed.

@Civil engineer hope u've settled a bit.

First of all my Sincere condolences.

Also I would like to ask you one thing after reading the below comment, that did your agent gave u wrong advise while submitting the EOI and because this you land up into this situation. If that's the case then it better of without agent and on this forum there are lots of experienced people who have been through this INZ process and always there to assist everyone.

Later while discussing with an agent who was trying to persuade us to apply for Australia, we re examined our paperwork and decided he should apply as civil technician , which he now did.

Also like every1 said explain your CO in details about your situation and if HR from your husband's company is willing to provide a explanation letter that would be great and advantageous for you.