Thread: Work Visa Clarification

Default Work Visa Clarification

Hi,

I applied for work visa 2 weeks back and the Immigration New Zealand, Mumbai branch returned my application to me saying that "the application is incomplete". They asked me to lodge the work visa application again and they will transfer the fee to the new one.

While filling the work visa application i got some doubts(as it is 2nd time carefully going through each point) and Can any one help in filling these options?

visa Type: Work to Residence under Long term skill shortage list( I have job offer from NZ)

1. In the 2ns page of work visa application there is “Application Checklist” section contains the following values. Do i need to select these options? The Bank DD I am not enclosing as the fee will be transferred to the new application. Medicals I am not sending as I already submitted to SMC.
    I. Appropriate application fee
    II. Medicals
    2. There is a second section “Applications for visas based on employment” which contains the below value apart from other values?
    I. Evidence that I have met or am able to meet any necessary New Zealand registration requirement. (Do I need to select this or not? My profession is Software Engineer which does not require occupational registration in NZ)

I greatly appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks

Did you write anything at those places on the form?

Hi JandM,

Those 3 items which i mentioned above are the check boxes. Either we have to tick those or leave them as it is. Among those 3 items my main concern is with the below item only.

There is a second section “Applications for visas based on employment” which contains the below value apart from other values?
    I. Evidence that I have met or am able to meet any necessary New Zealand registration requirement. (Do I need to select this or not? My profession is Software Engineer which does not require occupational registration in NZ)

I really dont understand this. If i call to the Immigration contact center, they are not helping insteade they are saying go to the website, follow the guideline and fill according to that.

Any help is highly appreciated

By pure logic, I'd say, tick the box. You ARE able to meet any necessary NZ registration (as there is none!). (They didn't ask, IS any necessary or not, so you can just leave that thought right out of it.)

Is this form online, or on paper? If it's a paper form, you could write beside the box about the payment, 'No, being transferred from previous application.' And the part about the medicals, 'No, already submitted for SMC application,' and add any reference number.