Thread: what after approved?

Default what after approved?

Hello all

well i have got my residency visa approved on 26 Feb 2013 Tuesday and i am on the open work visa which suppose to be expire on 12 march 2013. Today i have received my case officer letter advising to send the passport along with migrant levy fees - that i understand but one thing i am not getting which is - what visa am i on now? then why i got another auto generated email stating that my visa expiring in 12 days. what that suppose to mean?
    also how long will take my passport to get blue sticker?

thanks
    Last edited by sunnyhanda; 28th February 2013 at 08:48 PM.

then why i got another auto generated email stating that my visa expiring in 12 days.
    It'll be because it's auto-generated. Your details are on a list that somebody input some time back. The same letter, covering the basic situation, NOT your individual circumstances, will go to everybody.

You are still on the visa that is going to expire, until they've got your passport and migrant levy. Once that is in their hands, lodged, you're covered as far as officialdom is concerned, even if you haven't yet got your passport back.

Hi sunnyhanda & JandM
    Even after reading I did not get which visa you are currently holding?

I know from sunnyhanda's previous posts* that he did a qualification in NZ, and put in for Residence as soon as he got a skilled job, so I assume he's currently on a Graduate Job Search Visa - that fits the description as being an open visa.

*You can see anyone's previous posts by clicking on their username above any post, and that's one of the options that appears.

Quote Originally Posted by zednic20 View Post
    Hi sunnyhanda & JandM
    Even after reading I did not get which visa you are currently holding?
    On my passport i have open work permit expiring on 12 march 2013 however i applied for residency visa which got approved on 26 Feb 2013. so i am also confused which visa prevails now? open work permit or resident?

As I said above...

You are still on the visa that is going to expire, until they've got your passport and migrant levy. Once that is in their hands, lodged, you're covered as far as officialdom is concerned, even if you haven't yet got your passport back.

Give the immigration department a call and ask the question.........alternatively if your close to an immigration office go in take your passport and ask the question they may be able to sort it all out in the one go. Much better than wondering where you are and whats happening......cheers