Thread: SMC application in last phase - Time for the next course of action

Default SMC application in last phase - Time for the next course of action

Hi,

My SMC application is in its last phase of processing. Telephonic interview (self and OH) with CO is done on 14 Feb 2013 and awaiting approval (4-6 weeks time frame as confirmed by the CO during the interview). I'm hopeful of a positive outcome by end of March 2013.

A brief about myself - I'm from India working in IT industry for the last 15 years. My IT experience has been in software product/application development, business analysis, IT project, product, programme management, delivery management in a multi national, multi cultural organizations. I'm currently in a leadership role in my current organization responsible for the entire end to end solution development and delivery of IT tools within F&A (Finance & Accounting) domain. My family consists of wife and a 4 year old son. Wife is a pre-primary teacher currently and she was working for a 4 years of retail banking experience. Son is going to playschool and is going to start formal school from June 2013.

Although I understand that it is going to be difficult to continue from where I leave in India (role & responsibility wise) as I lack NZ leadership exposure and experience, I'm open to start a level or two below from Project/Programme management or senior business/IT solution analysts roles. I have been applying for similar roles in NZ both through employers and recruiters (seek,BeyondIT, 920 etc.). Understandably I'm yet to receive a positive responses from the employers/recruiters on my profile till date.

As for everyone, I hope for the best possible scenario - get a job before starting the move to NZ. But I'm prepared to leave the job in India and move to NZ to search for a new one. I want to understand from fellow forum-ites as to what would be a realistic waiting period for me before I find a suitable role. Also, is there any specialized recruitment agency that deal with senior hires (12+ years of experience)? Any leads or references would be greatly appreciated. You may PM me as well.

My plan is to move as soon as possible once my SMC application approved and I get relieved from my current organization (3 months since I put down my resignation). In all possibilities, I'm looking at Junly/Aug 2013 to travel to NZ. My plan is to travel alone to NZ while wife and son would be in India and join me once I find a job, house and settle down in NZ. I foresee that they would be able to join me only after the completion of the academic year in India (May 2014). Any comments are welcome.

Regards

Two agencies I've been dealing with, with a positive experience so far, are Beyond Services (beyond.co.nz) and Absolute IT (absoluteit.co.nz).

Thanks. Let me also try to get in touch with some individuals from these recruitment agencies. So, far I have been only responding to online adverts - no email/telephonic contacts established yet.

Hello sramn.

I am in your same situation right now. And even though people here in the forum will probably tell us that "every case is different", it would be helpful to know the actual time is has taken to people to find a job, mostly in the IT area. Any experience that can be shared by any forum member will be appreciated by me as well.

Hi sramn,

I assume your application is being processed in delhi branch. I have given my interview with CO on Mar 8 2013 and awaiting response. Having 145 poins with no job offer. Any progress on your application these days. After the interview i see a sectio "Health Requirements" Certificate - Full Medical, Date the date interview help +2 and Status = Received. Any clues on this situation?

Yes, my ITA is being processed at INZ, New Delhi. I'm not very sure about your scenario where you see an update post your interview. In my case, additional medical tests were asked for my spouse which we got them done and sent the documents to INZ. Post that, our interview was scheduled on 14 Feb.