Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job offer from Cape Town, South Africa

Default Job offer from Cape Town, South Africa

Hi all,

I have chosen the route of using an immigration advisor and would like to add that it is worth every penny. I signed my contract with them in October to assist me with applying for PR.

Since then, I have remained proactive and have applied for jobs on Seek.co.nz and Trademe.co.nz.
    At the beginning of Feb, I was fortunate enough to receive a job offer from a NZ employer which has now allowed me to apply for a work permit.

The immigration advisor has been fantastic and within 7days of getting my job offer, my application for WP was submitted. My PR application process will continue once I land in NZ.

So I will be leaving Cape Town on the 31st and starting my new job on the 8th of April.

The purpose of the post is to

a. recommend using an immigration advisor
    b. for those applying from outside of NZ, do not give up hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Arendse View Post
    Hi all,

I have chosen the route of using an immigration advisor and would like to add that it is worth every penny. I signed my contract with them in October to assist me with applying for PR.

Since then, I have remained proactive and have applied for jobs on Seek.co.nz and Trademe.co.nz.
    At the beginning of Feb, I was fortunate enough to receive a job offer from a NZ employer which has now allowed me to apply for a work permit.

The immigration advisor has been fantastic and within 7days of getting my job offer, my application for WP was submitted. My PR application process will continue once I land in NZ.

So I will be leaving Cape Town on the 31st and starting my new job on the 8th of April.

The purpose of the post is to

b. for those applying from outside of NZ, do not give up hope.
    Congrats on Job Offer and have a nice flight!

Regarding using an Immigration officer, I suggest it is not required if one's case is starightforward. Maybe you can let forum members know how you went about looking for job and what to focus on.

Hi Otaku,

Each time I sent off my CV, I wrote a personalized cover letter stating my skills briefly. Furthermore, if possible, I visited the companies website and got an understanding of exactly what they did. I then described, based on my skills, how I would prove to be a valuable asset to them. I only applied for jobs which I genuinely felt I would be capable of doing.
    I am an industrial electrician by trade. I hope this info helps.

Glad that you found the use of an immigration adviser worthwhile, would you mind letting everyone know why you thought that they were useful and why you thought that they were worth every penny (do you even have pennies in SA?)

Ian

Hi Otaku,

Each time I sent off my CV, I wrote a personalized cover letter stating my skills briefly. Furthermore, if possible, I visited the companies website and got an understanding of exactly what they did. I then described, based on my skills, how I would prove to be a valuable asset to them. I only applied for jobs which I genuinely felt I would be capable of doing.
    I am an industrial electrician by trade. I hope this info helps.

That was some good sharing of tips. I am sure it will help a lot of forum members.

Hi Ian,

Very difficult to go into detail but I can say that for a person such as myself who simply hates doing paperwork, it was very comforting to know that while I was at work that there was somebody who was continually working on my application.

1. They made all the necessary calls to my high school and colleges
    2. They were able to identify immediately if there were any areas which could either boost or negatively affect my application.
    3. An adviser in someway acts as a pre-assessment. This reduces the chances of an application being rejected by a CO.
    4. They have a relationship with the CO's and the CO's know that if the application came from an adviser then it is more than likely up to scratch
    5. Obviously, speeding up of the process. Simple things like getting documents sent off, or picked up is all covered and costs handled by the adviser.

I have re-looked at my earlier post, and yes, I probably have to agree that there are cases where it probably won't make much of a difference whether or not a person decides to use an adviser, but for me, at this point, I am looking for a sure thing and cannot afford my application to be rejected based on something as simple as a missing document or a misprint.

I hope this proves to be useful info for at least one forum reader who is contemplating whether or not they should use an immigration adviser.

Goodluck to all.

Dear Scott - Congrats on the big move! I am so happy I came across your posts. Would you mind / be able to let me know which immigration advisor you worked with? I am also from Cape Town and have been researching my options of ending up in NZ since last year. I am waiting for the silver fern visa's to open (as it seems like a fast way?) and failing that will lodge an expression of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by SAKiwi View Post
    Dear Scott - Congrats on the big move! I am so happy I came across your posts. Would you mind / be able to let me know which immigration advisor you worked with? I am also from Cape Town and have been researching my options of ending up in NZ since last year. I am waiting for the silver fern visa's to open (as it seems like a fast way?) and failing that will lodge an expression of interest.
    Hi SAKiwi. Drop me a mail on [edited - see Rule 10. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236]]

Hi SAKiwi. Drop me a mail on [edited - see Rule 10. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236]]
    My apologies. An honest mistake

Hey Scott.

I also work as an industrial electrician in SA. Any advice on how to land a job on that side? What pay rate should one expect? Do you know of other companies there that would hire and also. . .are you there yet?

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast