Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Hard to Find the Job

Have you looked at PWc and Ernest&Young websites for financial auditor roles?

http://fsr.cvmail.com.au/pwc/main.cfm

https://tas-ey.taleo.net/careersecti...on=80440070193

Please do a favour and update your location in this Forum. (It shows your location to be in Pakistan )

I think you, and everyone else who comes to NZ as a foreigner, needs to evaluate these factors-

1. Does your job involve customer/client interaction or business development? If yes, please understand that Kiwi employers will look for people with NZ experience. Tough luck there.

2. Are you applying for similar/higher ranked roles in NZ based on your home country experience? If yes, you are most likely to start at a junior role, as employers will discount non-NZ experience from your profile.

3. Recruitment in NZ moves at a glacial pace. Employers are likely to have hundreds of applications and will have multiple F2F rounds ("meet you over coffee"), before deciding on somebody/freeze the recruitment.

4. Be open-minded about short-term,contractual opportunities. They are slightly easier to come by.

5. Can you have an engaging conversation? Check if the conversation seemed like a Q&A session. It should not.

6. And yes, LTSSL needs to be updated and better reflect what NZ economy requires in terms of skilled manpower.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Employment agencies..yes but no positive signs so far. Do you mean contacting the recruiters directly in person?
    Yes definitely

Seconding what Otaku and MetalSoul said.

I have almost ALWAYS found that meeting someone in person results in quicker results. Bear in mind this might not be to ones advantage, though. The person you are meeting (especially true if this is a prospective supervisor looking for new members of their team) has their own agenda, their own "feeling" of who would make a good fit with the company.

Since you're already in NZ, that's a big leg up for you. If you are serious about finding a job, exploit every avenue you come across! You might be able to balance the books for a small business owner as a favor, and networking through them find employment. The possibilities are only as limited as you make them, but don't sell yourself short.

Thanks shawankit for sharing the links. I'll create my profiles there today.

Dear Otaku, i do appreciate your time and feedback. I am ready to accept junior roles even and I do describe this in the cover letter where I feel it necessary. At the same time I am open to accept short term / contractual employment. I might be more focusing on networking that has also been suggested by MetalSoul to speed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
    I think you, and everyone else who comes to NZ as a foreigner, needs to evaluate these factors-

1. Does your job involve customer/client interaction or business development? If yes, please understand that Kiwi employers will look for people with NZ experience. Tough luck there.

2. Are you applying for similar/higher ranked roles in NZ based on your home country experience? If yes, you are most likely to start at a junior role, as employers will discount non-NZ experience from your profile.

3. Recruitment in NZ moves at a glacial pace. Employers are likely to have hundreds of applications and will have multiple F2F rounds ("meet you over coffee"), before deciding on somebody/freeze the recruitment.

4. Be open-minded about short-term,contractual opportunities. They are slightly easier to come by.

5. Can you have an engaging conversation? Check if the conversation seemed like a Q&A session. It should not.

6. And yes, LTSSL needs to be updated and better reflect what NZ economy requires in terms of skilled manpower.

Quote Originally Posted by bun View Post
    Seconding what Otaku and MetalSoul said.

I have almost ALWAYS found that meeting someone in person results in quicker results. Bear in mind this might not be to ones advantage, though. The person you are meeting (especially true if this is a prospective supervisor looking for new members of their team) has their own agenda, their own "feeling" of who would make a good fit with the company.

Since you're already in NZ, that's a big leg up for you. If you are serious about finding a job, exploit every avenue you come across! You might be able to balance the books for a small business owner as a favor, and networking through them find employment. The possibilities are only as limited as you make them, but don't sell yourself short.
    Thank you bun for you time and comments. Some people suggest that approaching employers directly is not recommended in New Zealand because mostly the employment is done through recruitment agencies. I have approached some employers for volunteer work and might start in next week but that is not the solution because for PR or extension of my visa I must have a full time employment in skilled category.

bun - Love the location

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    bun - Love the location
    Thank you Metalsoul; I already love the place and wish to settle here permanently. Trying my luck and will keep it continued till the last moment.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast