Thread: Business Visa when residence visa application is already in progress

Default Business Visa when residence visa application is already in progress

Dear All,

I am planning to apply for Business Visa to New Zealand however I have already submitted an application for Residence Visa too under skilled migrant category. Now what does the law says. Can I apply the second application too while first one is still under progress.

Regards,

Yes it is possible and I can confirm you can apply multiple visa at the same time.
    But in your case you are applying to work in skilled area in one visa and applying to start business in another visa application at the same time . .which is contradictory to each other and questions may be asked about your actual intent and may affect outcomes of both your visa application.

I believe that if you do not want to work under skilled migration and want to start up your own business. Then you should contact INZ and they may suggest you to withdraw your skilled migration application stating your intent to go with Business migration and would apply under business migration category.
    Note : I am not qualified to give advise and the above statement is a suggestions . You should consult INZ by calling them or consult a immigration advuser.
    Last edited by shawankit; 7th March 2013 at 01:49 PM.

You can apply for the business visa, but be aware that if your SMC case gets to the point of interview after that fresh application has gone in, the other application will make it impossible for the CO to clear you for getting Residence. The instructions to the CO state, "Note: Principal applicants who do not intend to take up full-time employment may not be considered to have good employment prospects (e.g. those who intend to undertake full-time study)." http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm So if you've said you're going to run a business, that would apply to you.

Hi,

My wife has to appear for her Australian Medical Council Exam which we have arranged to be held in Aukland and for that I need to apply our Visa. I believe for this purpose we need to apply Business Visa and not a Visit Visa. Can any one throw some light on this ?

Regards,

@afmamoon Australian ? are you reconsidering australia again

Quote Originally Posted by afmamoon View Post
    Hi,

My wife has to appear for her Australian Medical Council Exam which we have arranged to be held in Aukland and for that I need to apply our Visa. I believe for this purpose we need to apply Business Visa and not a Visit Visa. Can any one throw some light on this ?

Regards,
    You mean she has to sit an exam, or does she have to have a medical?

In either case, no, I don't think she needs anything other than a visitor's visa. See this page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...alvisitors.htm

A business visa is for someone who is going to start up their own business. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...bv/default.htm

If still in doubt when you have read these pages, contact INZ and ask them the question - I'm sure they will put your mind at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by szoghby View Post
    @afmamoon Australian ? are you reconsidering australia again
    Hi,

NOPES. Actually my wife is a doctor and this exam will enable her to seek employment in Newzealand. Newzeland accepts this exam as of their own.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You mean she has to sit an exam, or does she have to have a medical?

In either case, no, I don't think she needs anything other than a visitor's visa. See this page. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...alvisitors.htm

A business visa is for someone who is going to start up their own business. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...bv/default.htm

If still in doubt when you have read these pages, contact INZ and ask them the question - I'm sure they will put your mind at rest.
    Hi JandM,

Thanx for your response. She have to sit an exam which will further enable her to sit in Newzealand Medical Council Clinical Exam and which then will enable her to gain the occupational registration as a Medical Practitioner. So may be I need to apply for the below visa category.

Applicants seeking occupational registration

What do you suggest. I am also planning to send an email to INZ for the purpose.

Regards,

I think she will come under the 'seeking occupational registration' heading, but for sure, INZ will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by afmamoon View Post
    Hi,

NOPES. Actually my wife is a doctor and this exam will enable her to seek employment in Newzealand. Newzeland accepts this exam as of their own.

Regards,
    Good luck for your wife in exam my freind