Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question asked from CO to Secondary Applicant {Spouse/Legal Partner}

Exclamation Question asked from CO to Secondary Applicant {Spouse/Legal Partner}

Hi I would like to know, what questions does CO asked to Secondary Applicant (Spouse/Legal partner) while interview?

Please send me the list of questions for Secondary Applicant...

What should be the answer to the question where Secondary Applicant profile or skills doesn't fall under LTSSL and she is unable to get a job in stipulated period of time when arrived in NZ?

Is it ok to say by Secondary Applicant regrading taking up of short term courses in NZ and apply in that field to get a job or increase job prospects.
    Or
    Secondary Applicant should not be mentioning about taking up the courses instead he or she should be taking any odd jobs to support his/her partner and at the same time look for the job in the areas of expertise.

Need to know what should be the good answer...

Hi. There is no one list of questions, as they ask whatever they need in the specific circumstances. One of the key things is that you both "tell the same story". In other words that they can tell you are being truthful and have discussed your planned move to NZ together. They will want to know what you have done to explore life in New Zealand and how it is different from where you are now. They will expect you to have done some research into areas of the country, major employers in your field etc. Unless you have claimed points for your partner's qualifcations then the main thing is that you have enough income to support him/her. However, if asked about what s/he will do if s/he can't get a job then being able to show that you have done research about possible courses that would help employability and maybe even mention a Polytechnic or University that offers such a course could be useful.

The interview is designed to help INZ ensure that you and your partner have a realistic chance of being able to settle successfully in NZ. Others might be able to tell you what questions they were asked. My information comes from a presentation by one of the people who carries out these interviews. Good luck! Karen

Hey Regarding the interviews, do they just interview people who is out site of New Zealand? the interview is at the same time for both?

Thanks Karen,
    So its alright from Secondary Applicants part saying if he/she has not able to secure a job in NZ, they can go for short term course from Universities or Polytechnic Colleges to increase their Job prospects and eventually helping the partner and side by side look for temp jobs.

In My case, there were only 5-6 questions asked from my partner. such as whehter she has been to NZ before? whether she intends to work in NZ? if yes, which industry? has she re-searched any job opportunities? what she knows about wellington? what else know about wellington.. etc.
    but partner of another friend of mine, who was a doctor in here, was interviewed more than that, she was asked about medical councils in NZ too.

Thx bluelabel

Sounds fine to me! Focus on researching New Zealand. Good luck!

Thanks Karen

I am the secondary applicant which claim point. I work as private home tutor and I don't think I can find my profession work in NZ, is it ok if I tell them that I intend to find unskilled work to support my family? Tq

Anybody can answer my question? Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast