Thread: CO is not allocated yet..

Default CO is not allocated yet..

Hiii everyone ,
    i am new to this site and it seems very helpful.Actually i have applied for residency with my partner under SMC and we have 145 including my qualification . we had applied on December in henderson branch. i just had got acknowledgement letter after 14 days but our CO is not allocated yet, it is around 3 months now.could some one help me and tell me the processing time and when can we get our residency.could u share your experience.
    thanx

after my lodgement status turned to Application received, i got an email from inz, they said it would take up to 7 months to get a CO in shanghai branch.
    didnt you receive any email from inz telling you the timetable of CO assignment.

i had just got acknowledgement letter from INZ just to said that your application has been received. nothing else they did not mention anything about CO . i called to branch and they said it is still in verification process. Dont you thing it's too long ..

please, anyone can tell me how long does verification process take and when can they assign CO ...Have anyone had experience in auckland branch..waiting for ur reply
    thnx
    singh

No, it's not too long, necessarily - everything takes as long as it takes, although every applicant ALWAYS feels as if it's taking too long.

There are no set times, for any part of processing anyone's application. There can't be, because 1) everyone's case is different, and the officials will have to get replies from various people to check the evidence, and they have no control over when those people will answer them, and 2) officers are not only working YOUR case - they have a work allocation, they work cases in rotation and all go back into the date-order pile when everything that is active has been dealt with for the time being, and so time passing can be due to complications with someone else's business, not yours.

People are not always told that they have a CO. People going for Residence under SMC have sometimes not even known they've got a CO until the person phoned them to arrange for their interview, that is, when all the verification (evidence checking, and there's a whole lot more for SMC than for your sort of visa) was already done. If you're being told your case is being verified, it may well be that there is already a CO appointed, and doing it.

thanx JandM For your reply but could you tell me is there any way to check the status of my application online ..

I don't know this of my own knowledge, but here is someone just this morning talking about what they have done. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....966#post474966

However, I don't think the online information ever goes into the kind of detail you would like to know, such as what they are still waiting for or who they need to hear from. Again, it makes sense, because the CO's job is to process applications, so if your file was the next on the pile, and when s/he opened it, s/he was going to see all the answers were back and s/he was going to be able to grant your visa, you wouldn't be happy if, INSTEAD of opening it, s/he took the time to do ten messages saying, 'Dear Mr Applicant, I've been working your case and I'm afraid I haven't had any replies this week so there is no progress to report,' so your file had to wait till next day. Everyone has to go on the assumption that, WHEN there is some active news, or anything further you can do to advance things, INZ will tell you, and that if you're hearing nothing, there's nothing yet to tell.

thnx JandM ,
    The information u provided is really useful