Thread: Goodbyes suck

Default Goodbyes suck

We have our flights booked on April 1 but we have already started our goodbyes. I have read about what people have said in the past but OMG I didn't realize how emotional it is. I had to say goodbye to my kid's teachers today. I was a wreck. I am dreading saying goodbye to my family. I will take the advice of not letting anyone go to the airport with us.

Next week we are off to Disneyland for a week and then a trip up the California coast. That should take my mind off all of this. At this point I think I will be crying on Mickey Mouse's shoulder.

Yes, it hurts. The more you try not to cry, the worse it hurts, and the longer it takes for your face to feel anything like normal again - just let the tears go.

From one who has gone through the goodbyes (being left), you CAN keep in touch, and you CAN meet again. It isn't the end of everything. Thinking of you. ((()))

Skype!! I think I see more of my family now than I did when I lived 45 minutes away. I skype every day - multiple times - and I still haven't come close to using up my 100gb limit. My four year old granddaughter skypes me just to show me a cookie she's eating - or to show me something she made at school. You just can't hug them. It is hard to leave but not so hard once you are here.

p.s. Best of luck to you and safe travels.

That is no fun! Hang in there. I hope you have a good trip and that it gets easier.